ESSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the point of this, or understand it fully for that matter. Can someone try and enlighten me
Some fans want to feel more important than others so set up a special group that will allow them to feel so. Everton have spotted the opportunity to beat down any future fan protests with the old but we have a fan representative so have you gone through the correct channels nonsense. This will give some retired "fans" something to do or some other "fans" nice padding on their CVs, but ultimately achieve [Poor language removed] all other then split fans into "special" and non special groups

I'm prepared to give any fan initiative the benefit of the doubt. They can't claim to represent everyone, and I'm sure they won't.

The thing is getting access to Moshiri directly. He showed willingness in the early stages of his ownership to engage and if there is any way he can get to hear a fans perspective then it won't do any harm at least.

Kenwright is different and would run rings around such an initiative. He is a consumsate politician.

That's what it comes down to really. A continuation of the status quo at the club and the, in my view, inevitable bad consequences that brings, or some attempt at change and reform.

At the end of the day only Moshiri can deal with opponents and resistance to change at the club. Nobody else, so anything which results in fans being by-passed and meeting with anyone else is a waste of time. The 27 years campaign has acknowledged this for a themselves, so that is a good start.

Kenneth Sweeney who's apparently the leading person representing the ESSG from EFC Supporters' Club Committe has been abusing the esk on Twitter.

The same Ken Sweeney who once won 'Fan of the Year'

Status
Not open for further replies.