ESSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211215-195950_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-195950_Samsung Internet.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 69
@Tom Hughes - you've said you are not part of the ESSG but, by the information you have imparted on here, you are clearly close to one or more of the 'movers and shakers' of the ESSG...

So, are you able to clarify something about the meeting - I assume it was by Zoom - between the ESSG and club officials...

On Twitter earlier today, John Blain (Chairman of the EFCSA) suggested that there was no reason why the minutes of the meeting could not be published, and within minutes, Dave Kelly (the foodbank Blue not the Davek on here) objected as 'no minutes were taken, there was no agenda and no chair of the meeting'

So if there was no chair of the meeting, no agenda and no minutes, please can you advise why not?
I would assume that the club 'hosted' the meeting and as such, probably the CEO was involved and potentially the Director of Communications given the club formally announced the meeting had taken place but, conveniently without one attributable quote from either a club official or a member of ESSG.

With respect Tom, you've mentioned transparency a lot - pray clarify the transparency of the above ?

What was the purpose of the meeting without an agenda?! lol lol

It is clearly stated that you are dealing with a group that is made up entirely of representatives of named independent fan groups and organisations...... not the club, nor any of its employees! I'm not sure how clear that needs to be? The GOT survey is entirely independent (as far as I know) and I can only assume the ESSG survey had to be circulated by the club because they own their season ticket holder contact detail database..... and it was felt that the opinions of this group of fans was most relevant, with the title of the survey clearly stated. However, this is merely an initial phase of a bigger process. A process that was also slightly subject to new national legislation that had to be completed before the initial findings could be progressed and rolled out. I think that only happened recently. However, nothing has been decided or finalised..... just a flexible set of outline proposals to create a framework to help us elect a fan advisory board to support an elected fan director (or directors, with full director voting rights) onto the board. If that election process is not fully transparent or you don't like the candidates that emerge from a selection process, then you and everyone else will be perfectly entitled to nominate your own.

will-ferrell-elf.gif

That's it in a nutshell isn't it?

If it was transparent from the off, then the consensus/immediate response wouldn't have been what it has been.

^ With regards to the/any vote.

Does anyone know the answer to the above?

To be voted for, do you need to involved with one of these associations;

View attachment 148598

I mean, I sort of get this;

View attachment 148599

.... but is that a potential double edged sword?

As a % of the fanbase, how many are suitably qualified for a board level position? And are those then actually representative of the fanbase?

I mean, we already have Evertonians on the board don't we?

And who shortlists?

There's some good stuff there - some potentially big own goals/pitfalls.

Good luck to them.
Who is representing the scallies and ket heads from the Gwladys there? We need youth representation in those groups.

In seriousness though, I noted that they detailed the number of people on their fan advisory board (11) but they are vague and nonspecific regarding the number of these fan directors that will sit on the board.

Exactly how many voting seats on the board is Moshiri planning to give up exactly? Can you see Moshiri handing over a decent portion of board control to, let's be honest here, people that were probably in Bill's pocket beforehand (Going off of DBB kicking this off with the fans forum and selecting the groups involved and these same groups being the same list of supporters groups consulted on the badge I'd say this is a fair guess)?

These statements aren't clear and appear to be saying different things.

4CB7675A-176C-4BB1-92E5-098DF00AB592.png

The clubs statement is just as vague as ESSG is regarding the number of these Fan Directors and they don't imply voting seats by saying "meaningful fan representation on strategic matters at Board Level". That can be interpreted however they decide they want it to be.

That doesn't say a voting seat, and it definitely doesn't say multiple voting seats.

Who is representing the scallies and ket heads from the Gwladys there? We need youth representation in those groups.

In seriousness though, I noted that they detailed the number of people on their fan advisory board (11) but they are vague and nonspecific regarding the number of these fan directors that will sit on the board.

Exactly how many voting seats on the board is Moshiri planning to give up exactly? Can you see Moshiri handing over a decent portion of board control to, let's be honest here, people that were probably in Bill's pocket beforehand (Going off of DBB kicking this off with the fans forum and selecting the groups involved and these same groups being the same list of supporters groups consulted on the badge I'd say this is a fair guess)?

These statements aren't clear and appear to be saying different things.

View attachment 148629

The clubs statement is just as vague as ESSG is regarding the number of these Fan Directors and they don't imply voting seats by saying "meaningful fan representation on strategic matters at Board Level". That can be interpreted however they decide they want it to be.

That doesn't say a voting seat, and it definitely doesn't say multiple voting seats.

Of course mate, it’s all politics.

The “chosen” groups, feel superior as they were chosen, the club can say they’ve asked for advice, but the reality is, they’ve been flimsy with their approach.

Obviously this is my opinion, but for them to keep everything so secretive, so closed off for over 6 months, says to me it’s incentives quietness and promotes a closed shop approach.

I’ve no doubt that the comments which came out have been carefully considered as they’ve had 6 months of preparation.

It’s a very dangerous path, it’s not something I’m in favour of. There’s no transparency, fairness or clear aims which cater to the majority of the fan base.

Just like my original point, like politics, can talk a lot, but don’t actually do anything.

I enjoy the “rotation” part, which if you include the EFCSA, has 15 members which is 45 years of board time, at minimum.

Of course mate, it’s all politics.

The “chosen” groups, feel superior as they were chosen, the club can say they’ve asked for advice, but the reality is, they’ve been flimsy with their approach.

Obviously this is my opinion, but for them to keep everything so secretive, so closed off for over 6 months, says to me it’s incentives quietness and promotes a closed shop approach.

I’ve no doubt that the comments which came out have been carefully considered as they’ve had 6 months of preparation.

It’s a very dangerous path, it’s not something I’m in favour of. There’s no transparency, fairness or clear aims which cater to the majority of the fan base.

Just like my original point, like politics, can talk a lot, but don’t actually do anything.
It smacks to be of being lined up as a response to the 27th minute protests.

Bill did some quick thinking and figured out which supporters groups he could bribe with false positions of importance and some seats in the director's box. Club gets to put out the PR comms that they're listening to fans at Board Level and nothing actually changes.

I don't think for a second Moshiri is giving up voting board seats to fan representation. Especially, representation from fans groups that Bill has effectively managed during his tenure as owner.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.