ESSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like being transparent when telling no one about something

That's it in a nutshell isn't it?

If it was transparent from the off, then the consensus/immediate response wouldn't have been what it has been.

Do the people have to be associated or belong with the officially recognised and endorsed by EFC groups?

^ With regards to the/any vote.

Does anyone know the answer to the above?

To be voted for, do you need to involved with one of these associations;

1639581047560.png

I mean, I sort of get this;

1639581070618.png

.... but is that a potential double edged sword?

As a % of the fanbase, how many are suitably qualified for a board level position? And are those then actually representative of the fanbase?

I mean, we already have Evertonians on the board don't we?

And who shortlists?

There's some good stuff there - some potentially big own goals/pitfalls.

Good luck to them.

'Admit'

The hell are you on about?

You said they used our survey and so I must have known about ESSG.

No.

I said the only time anyone has asked about our survey was when a fan asked if they could use my survey for Tracey Crouch MP. I said go for it. Because, well - why wouldn't I? It's online. Everyone can use it - it's archived for everyone to see. That's the only time anyone has ever asked about the survey and the only reason I remember it is thinking it was odd for someone to ask to refer to the survey. I doubt it's even related to ESSG.

That's it.

First I heard of ESSG is Friday. /End.

ESSG is merely an independent steering group that has come out of the same process that has seen an MP being tasked with looking into Football governance and fan representation on boards. The Evertonian who contacted you even referenced the reason for briefing that MP when requesting permission.... you may have not made the connection because the group might not have been formally set up at that point, but it's hardly a massive leap of faith at this point to connect the two.

However some fans are asking why the forum hasn't been consulted and questioning surveys.... now they know that GOT's own survey was used initially so whoever responded to that have been part of the process.

No final decisions are being made by this interim group and at the end of the day we'll all get to vote on the various proposals, issues and candidates at the end of it.

ESSG is merely an independent steering group that has come out of the same process that has seen an MP being tasked with looking into Football governance and fan representation on boards. The Evertonian who contacted you even referenced the reason for briefing that MP when requesting permission.... you may have not made the connection because the group might not have been formally set up at that point, but it's hardly a massive leap of faith at this point to connect the two.

However some fans are asking why the forum hasn't been consulted and questioning surveys.... now they know that GOT's own survey was used initially so whoever responded to that have been part of the process.

No final decisions are being made by this interim group and at the end of the day we'll all get to vote on the various proposals, issues and candidates at the end of it.
The Peoples Front Of Everton

Bunch of splitters

Oh yeah Tom. I should have twigged one DM (I get about 80 messages a day across the platform) sent from one fan in May asking if they could show the survey to a MP was in fact, part of something called ESSG announced in December.

Behave.

I find your posts odd to be honest - given you've now told me that DM is connected and based on your posts - I'm of the view you are involved in ESSG either indirectly, or directly. I think your motivation here then is questionable.

I'm now of the view that ESSG are planting stuff on this forum in a backchanneling/less than sincere way.

Bad mistake.

Transparency folks.

That's it in a nutshell isn't it?

If it was transparent from the off, then the consensus/immediate response wouldn't have been what it has been.

^ With regards to the/any vote.

Does anyone know the answer to the above?

To be voted for, do you need to involved with one of these associations;

View attachment 148598

I mean, I sort of get this;

View attachment 148599

.... but is that a potential double edged sword?

As a % of the fanbase, how many are suitably qualified for a board level position? And are those then actually representative of the fanbase?

I mean, we already have Evertonians on the board don't we?

And who shortlists?

There's some good stuff there - some potentially big own goals/pitfalls.

Good luck to them.

To follow up from this.

I suspect one of the 'Officers of the Executive Committee' from https://www.efcsa.org will be well placed and 'suitably qualified'

The Executive Committee meet on a monthly basis to discuss ongoing issues prevalent to the club and also organises regular forums usually at Goodison Park which are open to all members of the Shareholders Association.

The forums have recently featured representatives from Everton FC, Everton in the Community, Everton Former Players’ Foundation, the Ruleteros Society, Trust Everton, the Everton Supporters’ Trust and the Everton Heritage Society.

The forums are informative and cover a wide range of Everton related topics including the youth academy, historical events, stadium development and the Clubs finances.

Just noticed a @Tom Hughes listed as an officer of the exec committee - 1 of 14 from 1500 members. Is that you Tom? Are you going to throw your hat in the ring?

Mysterious secret group known by four letters...

...asking for board seats because they "represent the fans".

Couldnt make this up.

Why on earth should there be supporters on the board.

Absolutely stupid suggestion in the first place.

How about IPTTB ?

INVITE
PROFESSIONALS
TO
THE
BOARD

Basically it's a closed shop exercise

Hope you have the suction power when you meet Billy whizz sat on his throne

The whole exercise stinks

To follow up from this.

I suspect one of the 'Officers of the Executive Committee' from https://www.efcsa.org will be well placed and 'suitably qualified'

Just noticed a @Tom Hughes listed as an officer of the exec committee - 1 of 14 from 1500 members. Is that you Tom? Are you going to throw your hat in the ring?
If it is him (of course it is), it kind of highlights fans' concerns about this being a PR excercise and lacking openness and transparency.

Very disingenuous to be extolling the virtues of the group without sharing his vested interests. Not really representing the fans, are you @Tom Hughes?

4d06b414-3ba0-4c21-8f8a-68f5444d0092-jpeg.148611

That sums it up, doesn’t it?

A society which no one knows about, trying to flout the perks of a secret society.

Clubs in a meltdown, meanwhile we’ve got a gang of Evertonians, trying to form a closed club society, in response to the European Super League.

Everyone has asked a lot of questions so far, and all we’ve had is “you’ll get your chance”.

I said it stinks and I won’t change my mind.

Attachments

• 4D06B414-3BA0-4C21-8F8A-68F5444D0092.jpeg
    4D06B414-3BA0-4C21-8F8A-68F5444D0092.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 390

Status
Not open for further replies.