ESSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone get this?

Nope.

For the record, I don't think that any of this 'stinks' and, like the majority of things like this, people are just trying to be good Evertonians and do what's right for the club. My suggestion would be to see what comes out after the meeting rather than judge it too early. It may prove to be a great thing and I think it probably will. For the record, I also think the Fans Forum is a good thing and should be utilised more.

They could maybe have tried at least a little bit more with fan engagement prior to an announcement that all this stuff has been talked about and agreed. Just for the sake of inclusivity. Having to be a member of something before knowing that something is happening to show inclusivity is not particularly inclusive, and IMO, only saying something after things have already been sorted is bound to create a feeling of us and them within the fanbase.

Ultimately the selection process will be entirely democratic, so we will all have our say.... of course there will be selection criteria for candidates in these key roles as there would be for any role in business or industry. The members of the Advisory Board will have to be representative of the broad spectrum of the fanbase and all sections of our community, with the experience and skills required to support and advise the Fan Director(s), who in turn may have to be experienced in engaging in business and decision-making processes at board level. These are just standard best practice processes..... I don't think those key criteria have been decided in any detail yet, but I'm assuming they'll include having strong and demonstrable Evertonian credentials as a pre-requisite.
expand...
Fair play for manning the turret.

"experienced in engaging in business and decision-making processes at board level"

That alone, makes the process targetted to an already select few. Imho

It absolutely reeks

Like I said earlier I've yet to speak to any Evertonian who was...
A. surveyed
B. knew of the existence of this self appointed group
C. has any idea who any of this group are

For a group claiming to represent all of us, none of us have a clue who or what this ESSG are.

You're a funny fella, you stated loud and clear that you're not a bit interested in any part of the decision process regarding the stadium.... how much it will cost and how the financial model works going forward, planning, transport, stadium design..... etc.... You're not a bit interested. You've seen the lovely pictures and you're perfectly happy regardless, and anyone wishing to question anything should be silenced.

Yet when several independent named Everton supporters groups and organisations representing thousands of fans form a group with a view to looking at the issue of fan representation on the board and drafting a basic proposal, you go straight into conspiracy mode and want to question every aspect.... i know the dredger has now gone home but that is a remarkable change of interest level.

As far as I know nothing has been finalised in what is a basic process to date. You are perfectly entitled to question them directly and we will now all have a say in the ongoing process of selecting and electing candidates to fulfill the roles identified.
Fair play for manning the turret.

"experienced in engaging in business and decision-making processes at board level"

That alone, makes the process targetted to an already select few. Imho

I don't think that is particularly contentious or sinister. If you go for any job interview, they would normally expect you to have the experience and skills required.... this would especially be the case for any high-level role. This is a serious position requiring capable people, experienced in that level of decision-making or its equivalent. I can only assume that there will be quite a lot of flexibility in the definitions of the roles.... but as with any important position, not everyone will be suitable if we want it to be credible process and get the best people for the role. That's the nature of any selection process. I don't think anyone is claiming it's perfect but hopefully the democratic process will iron out most of those issues.

@Tom Hughes makes a strong case in favour of the process which (only, it appears) he is aware of taking place.

The simple fact is that there is no transparency of who this 'mysterious' group is.

Is it an offshoot of
-- i thought they were all dead, plot twist.

@Tom Hughes you mention that within this forum people use pseudonyms (this of course isnt true in my case, I am indeed Zatara) but what you seem to support are a group of people who 'hide' behind four letters.

If the people involved arent named then who will take them seriously?

No one on this forum (including season ticket holders and others involved with the club) apart from you have any clue who these people are.

Lets be honest here, its a total joke so far.

You get to vote for the people who will get the jobs....

Yeah but who gets to choose who is put forward for the vote? How are nominations made? What is the accountability structure here?

Sorry for being sceptical, but I just don't know enough about this, and am naturally sceptical to fan input in board rooms.

And also how was this fan group put together?

Do the people have to be associated or belong with the officially recognised and endorsed by EFC groups?

From what Tom seems to be saying and, happy to be corrected, these groups have set up the initial rules of engagement with the club (or are in the process of) and that will then become more widely spread. The creation of Role descriptions must be created and then people can apply. These people will be put in front of an entirely inclusive public forum, and they will then be chosen by democratic vote.

It is only after that, that all those who failed are forced into a chamber secretly created under BMD (this is why it was a quicker infill than expected, the fight chamber is huge) and they have to fight to the death. The remaining individual gets to go up again for the next term.

From what Tom seems to be saying and, happy to be corrected, these groups have set up the initial rules of engagement with the club (or are in the process of) and that will then become more widely spread. The creation of Role descriptions must be created and then people can apply. These people will be put in front of an entirely inclusive public forum, and they will then be chosen by democratic vote.

It is only after that, that all those who failed are forced into a chamber secretly created under BMD (this is why it was a quicker infill than expected, the arena is huge) and they have to fight to the death. The remaining individual gets to go up again for the next term.

Haha. Feels a bit cloak and dagger until this point...

They've claimed to be working on this for 6+ months, and aiming to have it in place before next season.

Personally I'd have suggested transparency from the off.

Didn't the club learn nothing from crest gate? They 'consulted' the fans then (oh, look at those groups named...)

1628849918443-png.135974

1628849939385-png.135975

And then...

I've never known fans to be so unified against something.

1628849978273-png.135976

Yet, the club had the fans forum holding up that crest, all smiling - with quotes, claims of longstanding consultation - a big endorsement.

If you can tick fan consultation/engagement so easily, you can also steamroller it.

Haha. Feels a bit cloak and dagger until this point...

They've claimed to be working on this for 6+ months, and aiming to have it in place before next season.

Personally I'd have suggested transparency from the off.

Didn't the club learn nothing from crest gate? They 'consulted' the fans then;

1628849918443-png.135974

1628849939385-png.135975

And then...

I've never known fans to be so unified against something.

1628849978273-png.135976

Yet, the club had the fans forum holding up that crest, all smiling - with quotes, claims of longstanding consultation - a big endorsement.

If you can tick fan consultation/engagement so easily, you can also steamroller it.

I'm not saying I agree with the approach.

Maybe though, this is what's going to unite us and its all one big ploy to make us focus on something else. The whole time that the badge thing happened, was 'generally' the most I have felt connected to eth club. Alan Myers and his tea parties came in and created a feeling of unity.

This time though, its Mike Myers and a chamber.......

In all seriousness though, things that don't start well with our fanbase rarely seem to get much traction. We can be suspicious at the best of times. We definitely need something though.

On another point, if the criteria for being the Fan appointed board member is experience of board level responsibility and being an Evertonian, will DBB apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.