Ellis Simms stepping up in place of Kean?

Would You Have Simms Step Up This Season?

• Yes. He plays well at youth level and I think he's ready

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • No. Too soon for him. Sign a replacement instead

Votes: 103 28.9%
  • Maybe. Give him some minutes off the bench but still sign someone as well

Votes: 176 49.4%
  • Cheesy Garlic Bread

Votes: 36 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh fancy pants
Press/Scout access only mate like the first team!
Screenshot_20201005-124426__01.jpg

He may have played and done OK for Juve but he never showed anything to justify playing for Everton.

I dare say had Ellis Simms had 5 games for Italy he'd be good enough to make our bench. He hasn't even had a loan spell anywhere and we're talking about him as suitable to fill in for DCL.

I think Carlo knows what he's doing. He probably gets regular up dates on Ellis Simms and will have probably watched him a few times either in training or in a game. We've just got to trust in the Don.

If you want a serious conversation about the topic, Mikey, then yes, no problem with Simms being an option in the squad/on the bench if injuries hit.

However realistically the options in front of him are:
DCL injured - Richarlison goes to centre and Iwobi plays on left
DCL and Richarlison injured - Iwobi plays in centre and Gordon plays on left

Also Tosun if/when he is fit.

He is certainly not a Kean replacement, but I could see him being brought on towards the end of a game we were winning, oh, let's say, 7-2...

I dare say had Ellis Simms had 5 games for Italy he'd be good enough to make our bench. He hasn't even had a loan spell anywhere and we're talking about him as suitable to fill in for DCL.
For me it's more a question of whether he can get on the bench occasionally to get some minutes when we're 3-0 up. Admittedly I'd rather have another proven striker brought in but whoever we sign, I'm hoping we get some good youth coming through and given a chance.

For me it's more a question of whether he can get on the bench occasionally to get some minutes when we're 3-0 up. Admittedly I'd rather have another proven striker brought in but whoever we sign, I'm hoping we get some good youth coming through and given a chance.

We've got Branthwaite, Gordon, the lad at left back, plus the likes of Kenny and Holgate will get game time this season, and DCL himself his hardly a veteran. We've already got a pretty young team.

Mikey your faith in young players / yard dogs / anyone from the Scottish league is very on brand but the lad has never even featured in the league cup for us.

Who knows maybe in a year or two but certainly not now.

Mikey your faith in young players / yard dogs / anyone from the Scottish league is very on brand but the lad has never even featured in the league cup for us.

Who knows maybe in a year or two but certainly not now.

Just because I've started the thread doesn't mean I'm saying he should play

He's an option and it struck me as an interesting topic of discussion, hence the thread and poll

Just because I've started the thread doesn't mean I'm saying he should play

He's an option and it struck me as an interesting topic of discussion, hence the thread and poll

Fair enough, lad.

Just don't reckon he'll be seeing any first team action just yet, not even making the bench against Salford is evidence of that,needs a loan in the lower leagues.

He is very highly rated though so I suspect he will feature in a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.