Ellis Simms stepping up in place of Kean?

Would You Have Simms Step Up This Season?

• Yes. He plays well at youth level and I think he's ready

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • No. Too soon for him. Sign a replacement instead

Votes: 103 28.9%
  • Maybe. Give him some minutes off the bench but still sign someone as well

Votes: 176 49.4%
  • Cheesy Garlic Bread

Votes: 36 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this guy had anything to offer he'd have been on the bench before now. Let's face it, Kean was awful but he kept making the bench

Richarlison is the back up no. 9, kean wasn't getting game time, that wouldnt have changed if DCL got injured and he knew it. Iwobi or gordon in to cover Richy moving to 9 if DCl gets injured.
There are no games left this season that players will get "their chance", its best 11 all the way.
Simms wont be getting game time either even if we don't sign someone, cheesy garlic bread all day

What do we think Blues?

If Kean is off then we either need to sign a new attacker or promote from within

How would you feel about Simms getting the gig?
1) Not many were clamouring for him last week when Kean was gash and still on the books
But
2) Until he has a go well never know...is he even training with the first team squad yet
Or
3) Is this just click bait for the International Break
On the other hand
4) 7-2; and the world is suddenly a nicer place - who cares...give the kid a run Carlo

Would ideally like for us to sign a player that can play across the front 3, someone that’s quick, good technical ability and is a proper try hard. Don’t want to completely block any minutes that would be possible for Simms by getting in another out and out number 9.

Yes, why have the younger age teams if you don't promote? We are not going to get a star striker to sit on the bench or replace DCL, so save on the cash and put Simms there.

This, plus also unlike DCL’s first few years he is going into a team that’s flying and which creates bucket loads of chances.

If he plays he is going to have every advantage, and is going to have massive incentive to be his absolute best (which based on previous signings I am not sure is guaranteed with other forwards). It’s also a massive statement of support for him and the reserves from Ancelotti and will be seen as such.

1) Not many were clamouring for him last week when Kean was gash and still on the books
But
2) Until he has a go well never know...is he even training with the first team squad yet
Or
3) Is this just click bait for the International Break
On the other hand
4) 7-2; and the world is suddenly a nicer place - who cares...give the kid a run Carlo

Why would it be "clickbait"?

Is it such an unreasonable discussion point?

What about it as a subject exists to bait people?

Kean is going, he will need replacing, Simms is in the youth squad and is a possible option

For a football forum, that doesn't strike me as an unreasonable thing to have a chat about

Why would it be "clickbait"?

Is it such an unreasonable discussion point?

What about it as a subject exists to bait people?

Kean is going, he will need replacing, Simms is in the youth squad and is a possible option

For a football forum, that doesn't strike me as an unreasonable thing to have a chat about
Me thinks the lady doth protest too much
See my point No.1

Status
Not open for further replies.