Ellis Simms stepping up in place of Kean?

Would You Have Simms Step Up This Season?

• Yes. He plays well at youth level and I think he's ready

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • No. Too soon for him. Sign a replacement instead

Votes: 103 28.9%
  • Maybe. Give him some minutes off the bench but still sign someone as well

Votes: 176 49.4%
  • Cheesy Garlic Bread

Votes: 36 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest this is what he needed 2/3 years ago, playing ressy football does nothing for his development.

If he can go there and get a some goals, some experience then maybe he can come back next season and play some part.

Remain dubious though me, he's what 20 now and never played a professional game?

Good move for the lad hope he does well.

Surely there must be another forward lined up now , with Dom being out it doesnt fill me with confidence having just Tosun and an out of form Richy as back up.
Centre forward please Marcel.

To be honest this is what he needed 2/3 years ago, playing ressy football does nothing for his development.

If he can go there and get a some goals, some experience then maybe he can come back next season and play some part.

Remain dubious though me, he's what 20 now and never played a professional game?
He’s played in the EFL Trophy against League 1 and 2 clubs

Good move for the lad hope he does well.

Surely there must be another forward lined up now , with Dom being out it doesnt fill me with confidence having just Tosun and an out of form Richy as back up.
Centre forward please Marcel.
I know what you mean but i'm not sure this really makes much difference to the situation. It seemed pretty clear that Simms wasn't really in the thinking at all, he hasn't even always made the bench we have 9 subs. I think they'd have played 4/5 different 'false 9s' before he got a game. I still hope someone comes in but I really doubt this makes any difference either way.

2/3 years ago he was playing for the u18s

I know what you mean but i'm not sure this really makes much difference to the situation. It seemed pretty clear that Simms wasn't really in the thinking at all, he hasn't even always made the bench we have 9 subs. I think they'd have played 4/5 different 'false 9s' before he got a game. I still hope someone comes in but I really doubt this makes any difference either way.
Yep
I can see both sides to it , the lad wasnt figuring so maybe not a loss.
But we are threadbare up front and maybe ( god forbid ) more injuries & suspensions we may have been forced to use the lad.
Looking at the benches/options of all the teams we are competing against , ours looks pitiful.
So hopefully there's a forward coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.