Dynamo Kiev v Everton. 19th March at 18.00.

Can they?

• Yes

Votes: 191 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 55 18.5%
  • LOL didn't read

Votes: 52 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.....but the fellow asked could we picture Bill firing anyone.

But you know, Ed, Bill is a big noise in show business and I am sure he has sacked plenty of directors and thespians when he felt needs must

Yep, and I'm convinced if the atmosphere at GP became hostile enough he would act.

Plus there is his investment to think of..

That truely hurt. That defence was horrific. Gutted that Ross' strikes never went in. Can't believe he didn't take Barry or Alcaraz off.
Bet you Wolfsburg will win it now- hope they do.

Anyone explain why Alcaraz started ahead of Stones tonight? Normally if you score two away in Europe thats good enough in those circumstances. Not for us though. Schoolboy football. 'We'll try and score as many as we can and 'hope' they don't score more'. Ridiculous strategy!!

I may feel differentely tomorrow but at this moment in time i cant see me spending money on next seasons season tickets for me and my lads. Its been the most perfetic season i have seen for many yearsand i hated the moyes era.
yep...at the risk of kneejerking, I am not going to commit to turning off Everton for a season ...but tonight (This morning in NZ) ranks up there with being at Wembley and watching us bottle the first Merseyside Cup final. Everton have let me down too many times. And it's not that I can't forgive them losing, that is life. But I CANNOT forgive them always bottling.
Martinez has changed none of that mentality...needs to go now

He also gave Moyes time after his crap season. I'd say Martinez has until Christmas

That would be a disaster IMO, Ruari.

Any damage will be done by then and may well be irreversible.

Let him start the season by all means.....but I would set the cut off point as the end if October......happen first week of November at the latest.

But if results are bad all the way from August to Chrustmas I think we will be screwed.

I can see the headlines now: Escape From Alcaraz.

But to be fair, I am proud of what Everton have achieved in Europe this season. We were beaten by the better team on the night, despite the cynical nature of some of their play. In a parallel universe, where Ross scored two instead of hitting the woodwork, things would have been very different. And the referee certainly wasn't on our side. It's always tough having the Away leg as the second fixture when the ref often becomes the twelfth man. We lost it in defence, but nevertheless showed the passion that should always come with the shirt. Oh yes, and a spirit of honesty too, which some of the foreign sides just don't get. Barkley showed distinct signs of promise, and Jags was a rock: an Everton icon beyond all doubt, who knows what the passion is all about. Romelu Lukaku has come of age in the last few games, imo. He was my motm. He could be a very potent side next season if he continues to push on. But we need some quality up front to pair him with: surely Yarmolenku should be on our hit list?

I think some people have been listening to Bobby Brown Shoes post match interviews too much. How are we supposed to take any positivs and credit after just being smashed 5-2 in Europe on national TV? Ok so we had a couple of chances but we conceded five goals!! Kiev were not even particularly brilliant bar Yarmelenko. Poor, poor setup, tactically naive to say the least and some players playing like they had their boots on the wrong feet.

Sorry no positives for me tonight. It was the one thing we as Evertonians had to look forward to this season and Martinez and the players have just pissed it up the wall.

If there is anybody on this forum thinks the result and performance are acceptable, come round my house and I will make you a brew.
I do not think I will need many cups.

We were not savvy enough tonight either.
They were diving,leaving their mark after tackles and time wasting all night that is a team that want to win at any cost

Status
Not open for further replies.