Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like who? Name 3 people who’d have joined Everton in its current state? It used to be one of the biggest jobs in English football, now we are a basket case who sack managers on whim. That’s why we have a squad made up of purchases from 6 different managers heading straight for the trap door. No decent manager is coming here in a million years.
I can't ask them all personally if they'd take it. Some definitely wouldn't. But Dyche should be so far down the list that it's nearly impossible to get to him.

The fact you can’t give one single name says it all mate. Nobody would touch Everton with a barge pole. The place is toxic, I respect Dyche for taking on such a task.
I can list off 300 managers and you'd say no because you're convinced we're too toxic. I personally think someone like Jorge Bordalas who is out of work and made a good team out of unfancied Getafe or Kjetil Knutsen who'd be getting a huge bump in prestige moving from the small Norwegian club he's built into a side able to compete in Europe to a PL club would be interested. Maybe they wouldn't. I don't know them. But the point is there are options and we should be going through them instead of hiring Dyche.

I can list off 300 managers and you'd say no because you're convinced we're too toxic. I personally think someone like Jorge Bordalas who is out of work and made a good team out of unfancied Getafe or Kjetil Knutsen who'd be getting a huge bump in prestige moving from the small Norwegian club he's built into a side able to compete in Europe to a PL club would be interested. Maybe they wouldn't. I don't know them. But the point is there are options and we should be going through them instead of hiring Dyche.
Be honest mate, do you really think Evertonians would accept them two names you have just mentioned when we face the biggest 18 games in our recent history? A fella from Bodo Glimt or an ex Getafe manager? And be honest, you’d hear ex getafe and think well, Spanish Burnley? I’m not doubting there are other options but in the middle of a season? I don’t know, maybe you’re right, but I don’t blame the club for looking at Dyche either. Ignore a lot of posts on here, he done a great job at Burnley with not a lot of money. Let’s hope he can do the same for Everton.

Oh man. I'm not doing this if we're going to pick 4 specific games of a hundreds of games sample.

Hasn't Pep never beaten Koeman or something?
You go on about Eddie Howe like he is the messiah

He couldn’t even beat Liverpool at anfield with his supposedly impressive Newcastle side whereas dyche has beaten them with Burnley

There’s more than 4 games to sample but you specifically brought up Howe. dyche also played us off the park at goodison park a few years ago against Carlo

Realistically if we could have just accepted that our team is garbage and just rebuilt with Bielsa. We could of saved the embarrassment I seriously think we’re going to be stuck in the championship

Some of the replies and general consensus is baffling. ‘Won’t play good football’ ‘never managed a big club’ blah blah blah.

In the nicest possible way when did Everton last play nice football. And if they did when did they actually last achieve anything Burnley haven’t?

In the last 35 plus years you’ve been knocked out of the European qualifiers like Burnley and won an fa cup.

Really don’t get the entitlement. Hard to accept but Everton aren’t a big club. Certainly not in the modern era. Outside this country they’re no better known than a Burnley or a Brentford!
So you think tinpot brexit Burnley is equivalent to Everton? lol

You go on about Eddie Howe like he is the messiah

He couldn’t even beat Liverpool at anfield with his supposedly impressive Newcastle side whereas dyche has beaten them with Burnley

There’s more than 4 games to sample but you specifically brought up Howe. dyche also played us off the park at goodison park a few years ago against Carlo
I'm really not sure why I'm being accused of going on about Eddie Howe when I'm simply stating he's better than Dyche. And that wasn't even something I brought up originally! I'd much rather talk about the managers we could appoint instead who are better.

I don't rate Carlo's time here so Dyche beating him isn't moving the needle for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.