Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the negativity with our ginger messiah. Eddie Howe got Bournemouth relegated and look at the way he has transformed Newcastle. Dyche at least will have an identity and want to play a certain way. I've got to be honest over the past year I've had no idea what was our plan, style or identity. It just seemed we put a team out and hoped for the best. When have we looked dangerous from set pieces? We need to get away from plucky old nice everton and start playing with aggression and snideyness.

Im kind of tired of this 'hes had 2 relegations', it is not relevant. If i gave pep gaurdiola a squad with sunday league ability he to would get a relegation on his CV. Noone seems to be able to split out manager capabilities and squad capabilities. Yes, a good manager can polish a turd but there is only so much polishing that can be done. In Seans final season at Burnley when they sacked him, the board sold all his best players to their relegation rivals - to boost cash reserves to make the club more saleable! I think Sean will be able to polish the turd that is Everton squad way more then any of the other names thrown around.

When will he be officially announced ? I’m going for 10.55pm on Tuesday leaving him 5 minutes to get the 4 or 5 players we need to stay up
Yea probably. Would love to be a fly on the wall with our clowns negotiating the contract.
Will you take a 6 month contract Sean so we can bring in Bielsa in the summer? Errr No, ill have 5 years please with a full payoff if you sack me. OK sir as you know you are our only option so there's a 10 year contract with a bonus if you relegate us......

I'd probably suggest that it running its course because he got you relegated isn't exactly the same as Sir Alex retiring on a title win.

The answer here unfortunately for you is he's not Burnley's manager because he ultimately did a crap job so it doesn't really make sense for Everton to hire him now. Yeah we're broken, hiring a crap manager isn't how you fix it.

Load of bollox.

He kept Burnley in the league for years on a shoestring and got them as many top ten finishes in the league as us while we blew the best part of half a billion on players.

Statistically it was always likely that a club in Burnley’s position would go down eventually, that doesn’t mean he did a “crap job”.

Im kind of tired of this 'hes had 2 relegations', it is not relevant. If i gave pep gaurdiola a squad with sunday league ability he to would get a relegation on his CV. Noone seems to be able to split out manager capabilities and squad capabilities. Yes, a good manager can polish a turd but there is only so much polishing that can be done. In Seans final season at Burnley when they sacked him, the board sold all his best players to their relegation rivals - to boost cash reserves to make the club more saleable! I think Sean will be able to polish the turd that is Everton squad way more then any of the other names thrown around.

We’re facing relegation having spent hundreds of millions of pounds in ten years, but seemingly people expected Burnley to rise up the league to be a consistent mid table team spending nothing.

It’s absurd.

Just have a look at the below. Burnley’s transfer spend in five seasons from when he first got them promoted up to 2019.

The only other clubs who spent less got relegated. Average of £23m spent on players per season.

Burnley £115m, Bournemouth £150m, Southampton £259m. Everton ? £400m.

F2312FCE-57A9-4EEC-A2EE-388503BDCD7D.jpeg

Load of bollox.

He kept Burnley in the league for years on a shoestring and got them as many top ten finishes in the league as us while we blew the best part of half a billion on players.

Statistically it was always likely that a club in Burnley’s position would go down eventually, that doesn’t mean he did a “crap job”.
Doesn't matter how many times you say it, they wont accept it because hes not fashionable.
I mean managers like Alex furgeson have been extremely lucky also, he had the class of 90 and the premier league came along with money at the perfect time. He was able to stamp his authoritarian rule on the club over that time with masses of young hungry players coming through the ranks.
If Sir Alex had been in charge of Burnley instead of sean dyche i expect the end result would have been the same....as being a top class manager is a result of having top class players, a top class infastructure and top class youth ddvelopment...
Everton will not ever be seen with one of these 'Top class' managers whilst the squad is poor, youth develpment continues to fail and the infrastructure of the club and board are a total shambles.

We’re facing relegation having spent hundreds of millions of pounds in ten years, but seemingly people expected Burnley to rise up the league to be a consistent mid table team spending nothing.

It’s absurd.
Exactly, beggers belief!
But of course top class manager like Pep who has spent billions and used to working with best players in the world would be perfect at Everton. Even Carlo struggled putting any sort of sheen on this turd....so that says something about where we currently are.

Really can’t believe the negativity I read surrounding this possible appointment. He’s exactly what you need.

Dyche played a style of football based on the resources he had on and off the field. And at times, particularly in the championship it was far better on the eye than he gets credit for. If he had the tools he would evolve his style of play.

He was instrumental in us getting two promotions with good football with the likes of Ings and Trippier. And when he had the money signed good footballers in cornet, defour, barton.

The likes of Keane, Tarkowski and even McNeil were a million miles away from what you’ve seen at Everton.

He would be the perfect short and long term man for the job.

Just not convinced the Everton fan base realise the gravity of the situation they’re in.

He’s managed two seasons in the championship. The first season we were promoted behind a Leicester side that had the likes of vardy two years before they won the premier league. The second we dominated the league and went 23 games undefeated from Christmas to the end of the season.

He broke countless records. Including ending a 35 year wait for a win in the local derby. And we never lost against them since.

He kept us up against the odds. Had three top ten finishes.

You will be lucky to get such a brilliant manager in. I’m actually surprised it’s taken a club in this situation before he’s been seriously linked.

You had a fashionable manager in Lampard. (And plenty of other names in Ancelotti, Koeman, Silva) and where did that get Everton?

Dyche is a fantastic choice.
To relegates us?

Eddie Howe has always been more adaptable than Dyche. If Dyche had a track record of trying to actually solve problems and improve his tactics I'd be much more bullish. But he doesn't. He plays one way, not a good way, and has always done the same things. There just isn't reason to think he's going to do what Howe has done.
You missed the point.

You said he's not Burnleys manager because he did a crap job

Well why isn't Eddie Howe Bournemouth manager, by your logic he also did a crap job

Status
Not open for further replies.