Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Load of bollox.

He kept Burnley in the league for years on a shoestring and got them as many top ten finishes in the league as us while we blew the best part of half a billion on players.

Statistically it was always likely that a club in Burnley’s position would go down eventually, that doesn’t mean he did a “crap job”.
He did it by playing god awful football. Wake up. No other club has offered him work since he got found out and Burnley went down under him. Kompany has Burnley playing good passing football now. Dyche would still be hoofing it with them. If that is the level of manager you want then then so be it. Everton have blown another golden opportunity.

He did it by playing god awful football. Wake up. No other club has offered him work since he got found out and Burnley went down under him. Kompany has Burnley playing good passing football now. Dyche would still be hoofing it with them. If that is the level of manager you want then then so be it. Everton have blown another golden opportunity.
Who was your choice, then???

Who was your choice, then???
Tbh I did not have one as I do not know the manager scene well enough. It is wider than just the UK. I was hoping Everton would do their research, scour the world and make the right choice. Say for instance like Brighton did when Potter left. Is that too much to ask?

I would suggest it’s you who needs to wake up.

We have a poor squad and are in the relegation zone.

Burnley stayed up for several years and even got mid table twice spending next to nothing, largely due to Dyche.

The fact that Kompany is doing a great job (in the Championship) doesn’t change anything. I will be interested to see what they will do in the Prem. Norwich finished on 94 points in that league in 2019, then got 21 points in the Premier League.

Tbh I did not have one as I do not know the manager scene well enough. It is wider than just the UK. I was hoping Everton would do their research, scour the world and make the right choice. Say for instance like Brighton did when Potter left. Is that too much to ask?

“I have no clue, but I know we’ve made the wrong choice”

:oops:

We're scraping the barrel by choice. There are plenty of other options out there and this is still one of the better jobs in football even if it might be a fight to keep us safe or get us back up. We pay well. We have more options if we choose to find them.
How do you actually know what Dyches plans are. Considering our resources are vastly different to Burnleys. Not many people would have predicted that Eddie Howe would make Newcastle the meanest defence in the league.

If we’d got a unknown into a relegation scrap with this squad we’d be in far bigger trouble

This is dyches squad more than any other manager I can think of. Chuck a few signings in and he is far more likely to keep us up than some pretty football playing gaffer

It’s not nice but it’s where we are at

I would suggest it’s you who needs to wake up.

We have a poor squad and are in the relegation zone.

Burnley stayed up for several years and even got mid table twice spending next to nothing, largely due to Dyche.

The fact that Kompany is doing a great job (in the Championship) doesn’t change anything. I will be interested to see what they will do in the Prem. Norwich finished on 94 points in that league in 2019, then got 21 points in the Premier League.

“I have no clue, but I know we’ve made the wrong choice”

:oops:
Time will tell matey. Let's see who is right.

Eddie Howe has always been more adaptable than Dyche. If Dyche had a track record of trying to actually solve problems and improve his tactics I'd be much more bullish. But he doesn't. He plays one way, not a good way, and has always done the same things. There just isn't reason to think he's going to do what Howe has done.
Howe managed us and replaced by Dyche. Howe was a disaster at Burnley. It happens. Dyche came in and kept us up on last day of season then took us straight up with no money having lost our star striker

I don't get the negativity with our ginger messiah. Eddie Howe got Bournemouth relegated and look at the way he has transformed Newcastle. Dyche at least will have an identity and want to play a certain way. I've got to be honest over the past year I've had no idea what was our plan, style or identity. It just seemed we put a team out and hoped for the best. When have we looked dangerous from set pieces? We need to get away from plucky old nice everton and start playing with aggression and snideyness.
Yeah but Dyche is a terrible manager. He didn't win the Premier League with Burnley on a shoestring budget playing scintillating football. Instead he was on the verge of relegating the club. Watch Kompany go to the Emptihad, the Emirates library and the RS dominate possession and win comfortably next season.

Yeah but Dyche is a terrible manager. He didn't win the Premier League with Burnley on a shoestring budget playing scintillating football. Instead he was on the verge of relegating the club. Watch Kompany go to the Emptihad, the Emirates library and the RS dominate possession and win comfortably next season.

now that’s a lie lad. kompany was poo in his own country’s league

he’s not waltzing the prem what so ever

As a non Evertonian - Derby fan who signed up when Rooney was in the frame - it's an interesting one - I think most people are curious how Dyche would get on with a bigger club and hopefully now we find out.

Understand nobody wants to watch the ball hit long up to the big man any more but I think with better players it might be a bit different. We've got Paul Warne and my fear was the same - the footy wouldn't be worth watching - but with better players than he had at Rotherham he's given the likes of McGoldrick and Mendez-Laing the freedom to play and to be fair it's been pretty good to watch. It's not been the possession football we had with Lampard, Rooney or Rosenior but it's been on the ground, fast and exciting. If Dyche gives you something similar it could be ok. There's more than one way to win football matches - Mourinho and Ranieri aren't possession based coaches - hopefully it works.
What do you think of young Dobbin? Do you think he might get to premier level, or more likely be lower-league standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.