Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone can keep us up it is him and that is the priority.

Problem is he won't progress us, 100% we will be looking for a new manager in 12 months.

If anyone can keep us up it is him and that is the priority.

Problem is he won't progress us, 100% we will be looking for a new manager in 12 months.
Agree with your first sentence.

I’m not so sure on the second. He knows he’s viewed as the guy with hoofball tactics, who kept Burnley in the Prem against all odds.

The opportunity he now has with us, is probably the only way he was ever getting the job at a big club.

I’m confident he’ll give it everything he’s got and be under no illusion from the off, as to the challenge he faces.

Whether he keeps us up or not, it won’t be his fault. The damage was done long ago.

Our financial situation and governance will dictate our future, far more than Dyche’s managerial ability.

Right decision, sort ‘em out Sean.

Some of the replies and general consensus is baffling. ‘Won’t play good football’ ‘never managed a big club’ blah blah blah.

In the nicest possible way when did Everton last play nice football. And if they did when did they actually last achieve anything Burnley haven’t?

In the last 35 plus years you’ve been knocked out of the European qualifiers like Burnley and won an fa cup.

Really don’t get the entitlement. Hard to accept but Everton aren’t a big club. Certainly not in the modern era. Outside this country they’re no better known than a Burnley or a Brentford!

Some of the replies and general consensus is baffling. ‘Won’t play good football’ ‘never managed a big club’ blah blah blah.

In the nicest possible way when did Everton last play nice football. And if they did when did they actually last achieve anything Burnley haven’t?

In the last 35 plus years you’ve been knocked out of the European qualifiers like Burnley and won an fa cup.

Really don’t get the entitlement. Hard to accept but Everton aren’t a big club. Certainly not in the modern era. Outside this country they’re no better known than a Burnley or a Brentford!
Shots fired!

Good luck...

Really can’t believe the negativity I read surrounding this possible appointment. He’s exactly what you need.

Dyche played a style of football based on the resources he had on and off the field. And at times, particularly in the championship it was far better on the eye than he gets credit for. If he had the tools he would evolve his style of play.

He was instrumental in us getting two promotions with good football with the likes of Ings and Trippier. And when he had the money signed good footballers in cornet, defour, barton.

The likes of Keane, Tarkowski and even McNeil were a million miles away from what you’ve seen at Everton.

He would be the perfect short and long term man for the job.

Just not convinced the Everton fan base realise the gravity of the situation they’re in.

He’s managed two seasons in the championship. The first season we were promoted behind a Leicester side that had the likes of vardy two years before they won the premier league. The second we dominated the league and went 23 games undefeated from Christmas to the end of the season.

He broke countless records. Including ending a 35 year wait for a win in the local derby. And we never lost against them since.

He kept us up against the odds. Had three top ten finishes.

You will be lucky to get such a brilliant manager in. I’m actually surprised it’s taken a club in this situation before he’s been seriously linked.

You had a fashionable manager in Lampard. (And plenty of other names in Ancelotti, Koeman, Silva) and where did that get Everton?

Dyche is a fantastic choice.
Why isn't he still at Burnley?

I’m afraid you have no idea what you are talking about. Lots of the posters on this forum are outside the UK.

If Dyche is so good at this why isn't he at Burnley anymore? Why did no one else jump at him when he was sacked?

Does he develop players though and make them better? Is Onana likely to improve playing under Dyche, or DCL?

I have no issues with the appointment. But to me he’s a manger who gets his players playing a certain way (that’s not technical, it’s more graft) until it becomes muscle memory of where they need to be on the pitch. Basically being hard to beat. But you need more than that in this league.

When players have left Burnley, and his system they have struggled. Keane, McNeil being examples.

Does he develop players though and make them better? Is Onana likely to improve playing under Dyche, or Dominic Calvert-Lewin?

I have no issues with the appointment. But to me he’s a manger who gets his players playing a certain way (that’s not technical, it’s more graft) until it becomes muscle memory of where they need to be on the pitch. Basically being hard to beat. But you need more than that in this league.

When players have left Burnley, and his system they have struggled. Keane, McNeil being examples.
Trippier?
Pope?
Heaton?
Austin?
Arfield?
Ings?
Cornet?

Off the top of my head. All players he developed, improved and they moved on to bigger things.

You could argue Mee, Tarkowski, Keane and McNeil did too and surely it’s a sign of how good he is / poor Everton are that they can’t get a tune out of the latter three?

He turned the likes of Cork, Heaton, Trippier, Ings, Pope into England internationals. From literally nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.