Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
he'll keep us up. any half decent manager would, and he's certainly that.

dyche will make us hard to beat, but it won't be pretty on the eye.

while i'm behind him for now, i'm not enthused by the prospect of 3 or 4 years of his brand of football and mid-table finishes.

we really should be aiming higher than just a safe pair of hands.

we’ve been playing crap for ten years

so expect longer

Yes, managed to get Burnley relegated last year (with Tarkowski) which probably kept us up so we owe him something. He's been relegated twice and near to relegation 3 times (5 times out of 7 he's had 40 points or less) so he certainly knows the territory.

Not over the moon with the appointment, I'd say more content. Saying that I didn't realise he grew up as a RS supporter FFS !!! Putting this point begrudgingly to one side, I believe he's here to hopefully bring us back up next season .

Not over the moon with the appointment, I'd say more content. Saying that I didn't realise he grew up as a RS supporter FFS !!! Putting this point begrudgingly to one side, I believe he's here to hopefully bring us back up next season .
Wouldn't worry about the "RS supporter" claim, most people outside Liverpool claim to support them anyway,you only have to watch any gameshow on TV to see that. Besides how many blues are loyal to us anyway?

Really can’t believe the negativity I read surrounding this possible appointment. He’s exactly what you need.

Dyche played a style of football based on the resources he had on and off the field. And at times, particularly in the championship it was far better on the eye than he gets credit for. If he had the tools he would evolve his style of play.

He was instrumental in us getting two promotions with good football with the likes of Ings and Trippier. And when he had the money signed good footballers in cornet, defour, barton.

The likes of Keane, Tarkowski and even McNeil were a million miles away from what you’ve seen at Everton.

He would be the perfect short and long term man for the job.

Just not convinced the Everton fan base realise the gravity of the situation they’re in.

He’s managed two seasons in the championship. The first season we were promoted behind a Leicester side that had the likes of vardy two years before they won the premier league. The second we dominated the league and went 23 games undefeated from Christmas to the end of the season.

He broke countless records. Including ending a 35 year wait for a win in the local derby. And we never lost against them since.

He kept us up against the odds. Had three top ten finishes.

You will be lucky to get such a brilliant manager in. I’m actually surprised it’s taken a club in this situation before he’s been seriously linked.

You had a fashionable manager in Lampard. (And plenty of other names in Ancelotti, Koeman, Silva) and where did that get Everton?

Dyche is a fantastic choice.
I agree with all of that and wanted him appointed when we foolishly appointed the FSW. I think he is a vastly underrated manager I guess we will now find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.