2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zat...it was an excellent finish by Walcott. HE DIDN'T MISS IT. Might have been cause to complain if he did miss it. BUT HE DIDN'T And alyhough I like DCL a lot, he's missed some easy chances this season.

Not sure how DCL could haveq missed tbh

...which striker fits our system?

Pace, power, athleticism and attitude with the ability to score and create from nothing. The skill set is so special it’s why top strikers are a rare commodity and inevitably cost so much.

Any names you think fit?

If we want to make the next step up as a team we need to sign a striker, I rate DCL very highly but we cannot rely on him if we want to make the step up for 6th or 7th.
A striker has to be a priority for me.

Not all there are you mate. I've been a supporter for DCL all this time but he is not a better player than Rashford. I suppose because Schneiderlin had a better game than Pogba that makes him better ey?

*sigh*

This fanbase....
Rashford doesn't have the ability to do what DCL does. He'll be at Palace with Zaha once the hype dies down, while DCL could go on to be a top quality striker if he improves his finishing.

Rashford doesn't have the ability to do what DCL does. He'll be at Palace with Zaha once the hype dies down, while DCL could go on to be a top quality striker if he improves his finishing.
*face palm*

I have all the good will in the world towards Calvert Lewin but he is not and won't be better than Rashford at any point in their respective careers. Rashfords just a better footballer, that's the end of it. One poor team performance doesn't change that.

If he never scored again but we spread the goals around and won games then who cares?
If he never scored again he wouldn't be starting, that's the fact of the matter. Obviously he offers different things than goals however he needs to add that to his game to be classed as anything other than a good premier league striker. Other strikers offer similar things to him but can score goals as well. I think he will have it in him to do that eventually.

If he never scored again but we spread the goals around and won games then who cares?

If he "never scores again" then he'll be lucky if he plays in the Vanarama Conference by the time he retires.

He played excellently yesterday, as he did against Clesea and Arsenal. The chances didn't fall his way yesterday which is fine, but a huge chance did fall his way against Fulham to get us a precious goal and he blew it.

We aren't going to rout every team we play 4-0 with goals coming from everywhere. There are going to be games where we don't play as well and may rely on taking our only chance of the game to get a draw or win. Odds are that chances will normally fall to the striker and he will have to take them or he won't be getting started.

He is playing extremely well now but anyone who thinks that it is not important that he scores goals is misguided. It is rare that an attacking midfielder and winger will both score the amount of goals that Sigurdsson and Richarlison have in the same season for a team in our position.

We'll need better from our strikers next season and for the first time with Calvert-Lewin, I'm pretty confident that he will be able to provide his fair share.

That’s based on one game, if you seriously think DCL is better than him over a season then you are wrong. Going off your logic Gana is better than Pogba , Walcott better than martial and Pickford better than de gae

Going off what logic??? The logic that DCL positively influences a game of football better than lukaku? It's not a one off.... you ever seen lukaku do what DCL did yesterday? I haven't. Cos he can't... you are struggling with this concept arent you.

France has mpabbe and greizman mate
Kanu at arsenal? Forgetting Henry , Bergkamp, Wright ? They have always had good strikers

Gudjonsen? I can’t remember who else played up front for Barca at that time tbh
Just looked and had Henry and rohnadinho in the team

Bergkamp.... good striker eh??? Absolutely......
Btw he was a 1 in 4 ratio for arsenal...... thanks for further highlighting the point we are making.

Status
Not open for further replies.