2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is you can work hard and be of value to the team without scoring the goals, the last run of wins, he has played well in them and they goals have come from the side. Much rather have somoene like him working for and with the side then an idiot like Lukaku waiting for the personal glory tap in once the game is over anyway.

Obviously im sure Brands will be looking for an out and out scorer, but DCL has still had a good season even if his goal stats are poor.

Definitely need to keep him. Ideally, a top striker will be signed in the summer and DCL can learn from him and occasionally play 2 up front.

You do know you are now guilty of comparing Lewin to Sharp.

...no chance, Sharp was the best back to goal striker I have ever seen. Technically brilliant, I spoke to somebody who marked him and never once saw the ball when it was hit into his body. DCL could be a similar type to Sharp in that he’ll never be prolific but he’ll be effective. His pace and athleticism is superior to Sharp’s but he’s got a long way to go on ability.

I have a great pal, though, who said Sharp was useless because he was a striker who didn’t score goals. Lineker, Gray, Heath and Cottee liked him. Goals are important but not everything in a forward.

...no chance, Sharp was the best back to goal striker I have ever seen. Technically brilliant, I spoke to somebody who marked him and never once saw the ball when it was hit into his body. DCL could be a similar type to Sharp in that he’ll never be prolific but he’ll be effective. His pace and athleticism is superior to Sharp’s but he’s got a long way to go on ability.

I have a great pal, though, who said Sharp was useless because he was a striker who didn’t score goals. Lineker, Gray, Heath and Cottee liked him. Goals are important but not everything in a forward.
Your mate doesn't know much about football if he thinks Sharp was useless.I was watching the Luton match the other night when we were 2 down and come back to draw, there were a couple of times when the ball was pinged up to sharp and it was dead in a instance, second touch was a pass, brilliant target man.

Your mate doesn't know much about football if he thinks Sharp was useless.I was watching the Luton match the other night when we were 2 down and come back to draw, there were a couple of times when the ball was pinged up to sharp and it was dead in a instance, second touch was a pass, brilliant target man.

...it was the young Graeme Sharp he thought was useless. The point i’m making is that some on here equate goals as everything in a striker.

...it was the young Graeme Sharp he thought was useless. The point i’m making is that some on here equate goals as everything in a striker.
Even when he was young he scored some great goals,Leeds and spurs I can recall.I know Lewin will improve no doubt but is he going to be top notch I don't think so myself.

Bit of licence to suit your agenda there Zat buddy...Walcotts finish was excellent. One touch ,just enough and passed to ball past the oncoming keeper.
Absolutely. Quality finish from Walcott.

It was lucky it did go in as having a teammate certain to score alongside him should override general selfishness from a player who scored 4 goals all season and missed a huge numberq.

Hard to comment about having an agenda against Theo Walcott.

....nothing fell for him today with regard to having a chance. A couple of times teammates failed to put him in, but he was competitive and it’s not too bad if you still win 4-0 when your striker doesn’t score.

He’s terrific and will be a real asset for us but we do need a top drawer striker.

Which striker do you think fits the system?

What is his value in the market now?

Read United rate Rashford at £150mil and other figures of £100mil+

Must just be me but i think DCL is better

It was lucky it did go in as having a teammate certain to score alongside him should override general selfishness from a player who scored 4 goals all season and missed a huge numberq.

Zat...it was an excellent finish by Walcott. HE DIDN'T MISS IT. Might have been cause to complain if he did miss it. BUT HE DIDN'T And alyhough I like DCL a lot, he's missed some easy chances this season.

...which striker fits our system?

Pace, power, athleticism and attitude with the ability to score and create from nothing. The skill set is so special it’s why top strikers are a rare commodity and inevitably cost so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.