2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate Traoré scored two minutes into his debut and ruined his ankle and never played again for us. He’s a 100% converter with a goal every two minutes ratio. I mean he’s on course to score 45 goals every single game by your logic of Mins to goals ratio stays constant ehen appearances increase.
I can see he's growing on you mate.

That's six posts already today and you haven't used DKSSCL once.;)

I really do t think it is tbh . Bernard and penear are very similar Lack goals but very hard working and good with the ball and have a fantastic understanding with the lb . Digne himself is like a French Baines. Coleman is literally the same person , Richy is the obvious upgrade on the right , Siggy scores goals in the same way Tim Cahill did and works just as hard , he is a lot more creative than Cahill tho obviously, carsley was immense and just as gold as Gana I’m the DM role the it’s just mikel for Gomes ... mikel for me every time but still similar styles of player. To say that Lukaku or yak wouldn’t fit in this team is wrong, if you have a goal scorer like them you play them and make the team work around them if needed.

Sigurddson isn`t fit to lace Cahill`s boots.

There is no comparison whatsoever between the two.

I like him a lot, really appreciate his effort and aggression, whether he can add more goals is anyone's guess though I think things like timing and positioning, as well as finishing ability, are natural attributes that probably have a ceiling on how much they can be improved at the elite level in particular. He can no longer be considered a prospect at 22.

In some ways, he sort of typifies where we stand as a club - depending on effort more than relying on tried and tested "quality" however indefinable that is.

Goal-heavy forwards are at a premium at any given time and are so difficult to find. It's a big ask for him to get 20 goals in a season but that should be the minimum requirement for our main striker. He clearly has all the physical attributes, but he does lack composure and his decision-making is questionable.

He certainly has a decent career to look forward to. But it seems to me at present, that he will fall into the category of one of those players that "does a job" and builds a reputation on that, and nothing wrong with it, rather than realistically moving into the sort of bracket where he would be worth big money.

Ideally for me he would play as the 2nd striker in a 4-4-2, or get enough games as the backup, but, considering how limited our options are at present, he and us may not have that luxury in the long term.

It's good he is getting games, and I hope he can develop the way both him and us need. I'm not sure though.

Mate Traoré scored two minutes into his debut and ruined his ankle and never played again for us. He’s a 100% converter with a goal every two minutes ratio. I mean he’s on course to score 45 goals every single game by your logic of Mins to goals ratio stays constant ehen appearances increase.

So your belief is that a player lasting less than 90 mins on his debut is akin to a totally different player who has a strong goal to games and shot completion ratio over a season.

Not a maths fan eh :eek:

Traore never scored a league goal for us. Try again.

Sigurddson isn`t fit to lace Cahill`s boots.

There is no comparison whatsoever between the two.

Mate common ... I love Cahill but their goals scored is similar and siggy is vastly superior to him technique wise. Defensively Cahill was much better in our own box and obviously his ability to kick goals from set plays meant he could swing tight games in our favour. As all round footballing ability goes , siggy is better imo

So your belief is that a player lasting less than 90 mins on his debut is akin to a totally different player who has a strong goal to games and shot completion ratio over a season.

Not a maths fan eh :eek:

Righto , seeing as maths is the basis of your “ he’s a 2 in 1 striker” or nearly is.

He’s got what ? 80 odd games under his belt ? Does he have 40 goals?

You have picked stats from this season , then rather than appearances you took minutes , then converted that into full games played even tho that doesn’t work. Then found out his ratio and then mention we played city , rs, Chelsea and arse to try and make it even more impressive. He struggles to score , it’s that simple . When he starts he doesn’t usually score, people saying he’s a good finisher are deluded , probably the same people that have me grief when I said barkley was lacy and crap.

Mate common ... I love Cahill but their goals scored is similar and siggy is vastly superior to him technique wise. Defensively Cahill was much better in our own box and obviously his ability to kick goals from set plays meant he could swing tight games in our favour. As all round footballing ability goes , siggy is better imo

Cahill was a constant pain in the arse to the opposition, snidey and great in the air.

Poles apart as players.

Cahill was a constant pain in the arse to the opposition, snidey and great in the air.

Poles apart as players.

Right so there is one position in the team where the players mentioned are “ poles apart” and that means lukaku or the yak wouldn’t fit into this team and have us 10 points better off?

Right so there is one position in the team where the players mentioned are “ poles apart” and that means lukaku or the yak wouldn’t fit into this team and have us 10 points better off?

Sigurdsson is like none of the players you mention though, Yak, Lukaku and Cahill ?

Possibly Lukaku would have us 10 points better off, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.