2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless if we keep playing DCL or if we get a striker we need to sign some goal threat wether if it comes from out wide or a new striker

This isn't a criticism of DCL but you can't really translate the stats that way. A couple of his goals have come when coming on as a late sub against tiring and attacking teams, so it's not as easy as saying more minutes will automatically equate to more goals. Only 3 of his goals have come in the 14 games he's started as a striker, with 2 off the bench and 1 when coming from the wing, so he may find it more difficult to score goals when tasked with leading the line. He might not, obviously, just pointing out why the stats don't necessarily say what you're suggesting they do.

Thats true, also who has he played against...who has been in the side with him...which position did he play...was the team in a slump or on top.

Numerous factors.

However, i dont feel that posters stating "hes scored 6 in 31" is particulatly fair when on a minute ratio hes appeared in half that amount.

If Harry Kane only played half his minutes this season i dare say hed not score as many goals.

again I'm not saying DCL should have scored vs arsenal, my point was you said if he scores at the same ratio as heskey you would be happy

I wouldnt

Heskey was turd apart from about 4 seasons in the 19 he played in the prem

Goals per season

Then he tailed off with

Now thats not bad considering he was rotated at LFC & was often not the "main" poacher in his teams

Goals per season

Then he tailed off with

Now thats not bad considering he was rotated at LFC & was often not the "main" poacher in his teams

where did you get them numbers from? he hit double figures 4 times in roughly 19 seaosns according to wiki, that's not a record we want as a lone striker we won't score enough goals in this case to challenege

the reason why heskey got away with it was because he had a strike partner who got the goals, heskey did the donkey work, DCL doesn't have a strike partner

where did you get them numbers from? he hit double figures 4 times in roughly 19 seaosns according to wiki, that's not a record we want as a lone striker we won't score enough goals in this case to challenege

the reason why heskey got away with it was because he had a strike partner who got the goals, heskey did the donkey work, DCL doesn't have a strike partner

Mate you’re using wiki for stats.

1) I dont think we are in for Heskey mate
2)On wiki 1999-2000 is split as he moved to the $h%^$ half way through the season

Hahaha there not far off the other stats

Hahaha good one. I never brought heskey into it pal I pointed out that his goal record wasnt great.

Remember when Heskey was past it, not scoring - and somehow got picked and started for the England team because "he brings out the best in other players"

Well I mean, they were wrong.

Got 10+ in 4 of his first 5 seasons.

95 in his first 11 seasons.

The wiki stats arent wrong though I just didnt take into the fact he moved during the season and add his record for both teams together for the reason

Unlucky x

Status
Not open for further replies.