2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Ive always rated him...

This season he's on a ratio of 14.25 in 38 games.

Hes had a stop start season.

19 is 38 ÷2 which would be a 1 in 2 forward.

Hes not far off that already statistically.

Thats statistics, based on actual minutes played including against Chelsea, Arsenal, RS, City etc

If he came on for 10seconds at the end of every game you would have him at 0 in 38.

You can only gauge him on mins on the pitch and in this season hes statistically on 6 in 16 or 14.25 over a season.

Its not hard to calculate...

I would never have him as 0 on 38 as literally every single striker in the league would score at least one goal a season . Using these stats to try and prove he is a decent finisher , saying he has missed less than Aguero or amabayang etc although technically correct , is wrong . DCL is not a good finisher , my eyes tell me that.

But both teams were wildly different, i mean there were about 11 different player on those teams to one now, not just the strikers as are the systems to then and now. Like a few of us have been making the case for the system is moving toward looking at the front three as an attacking unit rather then a unilateral one of one primary goal scorer. The teams system also dictates the forward players being mobile and press without the ball, else wise we are loosing games 3-2 etc, i loved the Yak and i loved Rom but pressing and them were separated at birth.

I dont wholly disagree with you, we want the best goalscorer with attributes to also work the high press, i just think lads like Rom and the Yak wouldnt fit into that system and if they did play we would have to compensate else where or others players would become isolated as you have to play to their strgths and make them a their natural game the focal point in short you have to make the team fit the player rather then the player fitting the team. It would undermine the overall game plan, philosophy and system. In short we cant carry a lad up front who token runs, but will score a fair few in isolation. For me the goals need to be shared amongst a quadrant of the front three and likely Gylfi in behind. dont get me wrong with the right recruitment we can really increase our output through that quadrant.

The teams aren’t really that different tho , Bernard and Digne are as close as I have seen to Baines and penear , Coleman is still there with the addition of richly , Siggy is the goal scoring CM or basically second striker which is liken to Cahill and Gana is the carsley with Gomes being similar style to arteta .

Thats statistics, based on actual minutes played including against Chelsea, Arsenal, RS, City etc

If he came on for 10seconds at the end of every game you would have him at 0 in 38.

You can only gauge him on mins on the pitch and in this season hes statistically on 6 in 16 or 14.25 over a season.

All these ratios and calculations you do wouldnt go a miss in rawk mate, alternative league table springs to mind.

But look at the stats
Calvert Lewin scores 1 in 6 chances
Aguero scores 1 on 5 chances
Salah scores 1 in 6 chances
Aubamayang scores 1 in 4.4 chances
Kane scores 1 in 6 chances
Mane scores 1 in 4.3 chances
Steling scores 1 in 4.1 chances

Now they are the best scorers in the league, but lets compare it to players in our side and players in teams around us
Vardy scores 1 in 4.4 (impressive) chances
Maddison scores 1 in 10,1 chances
Jiminez scores 1 in 7.8 chances
Jota scores 1 in 5.2 chances
Richarlison scores 1 in 5.75 chances
Sigurdsson scores 1 in 6.5 chances
Tosun scores 1 in 16 chances
Deeney scores 1 in 6.3 chances
Gray scores 1 in 5 chances

Other players who are seen as top finishers but maybe not scored many this term
Lukaku scores 1 in 4.3 chances
Firmino scores 1 in 5.8 chances
Rashford 1 in 6.7 chances
Lacazette 1 in 5.07 chances

Calvert Lewin stands at 1 goal in every 6.3 chances
So yes while there are some forwards on the list with better averages than Calvert Lewin, the stereotype that he cant finish his chances isnt true.
Maybe, he needs to get himself in more goalscoring positions to up his goal tally, that could be a genuine critisism of him.
But the "he cant finsih" tag is just lazy

He can’t tho , he has no composer in front of goal. He isn’t strong in one on one situations , literally all the others are leathal. His shots are tame and not in the corners. He’s basically a young bent or Rondon

Not joking if Solanke was sold for 20m then that must make DCL at least a 35m player in this market.

He's definitely one for our future, and it's been a joy to watch him develop in very challenging circumstances for him over the past two seasons under three separate managers.

Great lad, hopefully will go on to be a great footballer.

The teams aren’t really that different tho , Bernard and Digne are as close as I have seen to Baines and penear , Coleman is still there with the addition of richly , Siggy is the goal scoring CM or basically second striker which is liken to Cahill and Gana is the carsley with Gomes being similar style to arteta .

Bit of a stretch for me mate, i make all of those comparisons completely different players.

Digne and Bernard definitely has the potential to be better than Baines and Pienaar. And those two in tandem were an absolute joy to watch. Funny how it took Walcott stinking the gaff out for half a season for everything to slot into place, isn't it?

Walcott out, Richarlison to the right, Bernard in and on the left, get in.

One change that has radically upgraded our attack.

Bit of a stretch for me mate, i make all of those comparisons completely different players.

I really do t think it is tbh . Bernard and penear are very similar Lack goals but very hard working and good with the ball and have a fantastic understanding with the lb . Digne himself is like a French Baines. Coleman is literally the same person , Richy is the obvious upgrade on the right , Siggy scores goals in the same way Tim Cahill did and works just as hard , he is a lot more creative than Cahill tho obviously, carsley was immense and just as gold as Gana I’m the DM role the it’s just mikel for Gomes ... mikel for me every time but still similar styles of player. To say that Lukaku or yak wouldn’t fit in this team is wrong, if you have a goal scorer like them you play them and make the team work around them if needed.

Mate Traoré scored two minutes into his debut and ruined his ankle and never played again for us. He’s a 100% converter with a goal every two minutes ratio. I mean he’s on course to score 45 goals every single game by your logic of Mins to goals ratio stays constant ehen appearances increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.