2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been one of DCL's numerous detractors but in the last 2 games I think his hold up and lay off play has improved to the level of the one other good game he had - away to City last season.
His goal stats have also improved lately but he still carries a limited goal threat. Richy showed him how to provide that when he came on.
We badly need a slotter but if DCL can keep improving then he at least he might be good enough to be the back up option.

He ran the channels all first half and occupied 3 of their defenders for most of the first hour. That left time and space for the likes of Digne and Coleman to get forward plus Bernard, Gylfi and Gomes to dictate our play in the final third. I’m not wholly convinced on him but fair dues to him today he played a terrific unsung part in our overall performance

Well worth his place in the team at the moment. Getting stronger and a far bigger goal threat than last season and he suits the system well. People sound disappointed with him but a goal and 2 assists is decent output in the last 3 games. He should’ve had another goal against spurs too.

I was ready to give up on him last season because he looked like he couldn’t hit a barn door. He’s looking a lot sharper in the box now.

I’m hoping he was withdrawn against Burnley to save him for the next game.

Marco was asked about DCL in the presser today
"To be honest I'm happy with him, but I want more. I want more because he has the quality to give more to the team and improve more, and more and more. He has some specific skills I like in a striker. He knows what I expect from him and the work we are doing with him. He started the last three matches because he deserves it as well and I believe in him."

Status
Not open for further replies.