2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol he had zero shots against a team we smashed 5-1 , actually , he had one shot with his left foot which is probably on the roof of a block of flats a couple of miles away from the stadium

To be fair mate, he was a focal point in a side that scored 5 goals. In his previous 2 games he scored 2 very good goals (1 of which was bizarrely ruled out).

No he wasnt, and he usually isnt. He’s not a prolific striker or a big danger for other teams, why pretend like he is? If he were, wouldnt he have scored a lot more goals?
I like him, but he’s not the finished article yet.
I didn’t say he was the finished article but he’s looking a lot more dangerous in the box than he was last year. Why pretend like he isn’t?

5 goals (plus the disallowed 1) in the limited time he’s had on the pitch this season is pretty good going.

In large parts, I agree that he has attributes that are major positives and I feel that he gets a lot of unfair criticism. Nevertheless, his finishing has to improve!

Wholly agreed i am on record as saying he is not good enough for us, i have been very impressed with him in the last few games, not wholly on goal threat but the gaps he opens for other players an pulls players around out of position.

For me he has given us something different, we have been out muscled in a lot of games this season, Watford, West Ham spring to mind. He really occupies center backs and makes them work, this creates gaps elsewhere for the creative three in behind. If you can do it at Burnley away where for me we put in one of the worst performances i have seen by any Everton team last year, he can do it anywhere.

If he could add finishing even 15 a season he would be a cracking little player.

I would imagine he's still the highest provider for our team over the last two seasons, and that's not even counting winning penalties which in my opinion should count as an assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.