Do you have an EFC connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked with Gary Abletts younger brother for quite a long time.

Top lad, probably could've made a living out of footy as a midfielder if he wanted to, but couldn't be arsed.

I am a distant relative of the first ever toffee lady. Apart from that I'm quite partial to Everton Mints. Must be genetic.

My name is Everton and I'm coming it you guys real soon for a trial and to serve as your keeper for the next ten years. Believe it.

Seems too good to be true huh?

Screenshot_20170424-202530.png

Better than pickford thats for sure.

However tenuous? Post it here.

I'll go first. My dad played in the FA Cup for St Domingo FC?

The church retained a team after Everton went pro, and after the church went the team continued.

My dad played in goal, in the FA Cup qualifiers for St Domingo FC. He got player of the season twice.

They had no kit for one FA Cup game, and they wrote to Everton - the club sent them the previous games' kits.

So my dad played in the FA Cup, for St Domingo FC in 1981, in Neville Southall's shirt used the day before.

I think they exist only as a non league ladies team low.
From a post i made a few years ago mate

Just found out I'm actually related to an old player for us called Jimmy Tansey when finding out about my mams uncle and she brought up him like ... Be brilliant if theirs anyone on here old enough to have seen him ever play like as i have zero knowledge about him, also he had a brother who she believed played for us around the same time as well

her Uncle also had a trial booked for Everton way way way back and cos his dad didn't turn up to take him (apparently needed an adult with him) he missed it and gave up at that point apparently from all the relatives who remembered him and heard this growing up like he was brilliant as well joined the merchant navy at 16 and lost his leg in an accident on the ship at 19...

Strange the things you find out at random that you never knew ;/

I used to play cricket with joe Allen who went to score his first Liverpool goal in a Merseyside derby to kill the game of.

.... But he missed an utter sitter from 5 yards and we went on to claim the draw.

... Yeah, ok, I haven't got much.

However tenuous? Post it here.

I'll go first. My dad played in the FA Cup for St Domingo FC?

The church retained a team after Everton went pro, and after the church went the team continued.

My dad played in goal, in the FA Cup qualifiers for St Domingo FC. He got player of the season twice.

They had no kit for one FA Cup game, and they wrote to Everton - the club sent them the previous games' kits.

So my dad played in the FA Cup, for St Domingo FC in 1981, in Neville Southall's shirt used the day before.

I think they exist only as a non league ladies team low.

Dad and uncle played for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.