Do you have an EFC connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
However tenuous? Post it here.

I'll go first. My dad played in the FA Cup for St Domingo FC?

The church retained a team after Everton went pro, and after the church went the team continued.

My dad played in goal, in the FA Cup qualifiers for St Domingo FC. He got player of the season twice.

They had no kit for one FA Cup game, and they wrote to Everton - the club sent them the previous games' kits.

So my dad played in the FA Cup, for St Domingo FC in 1981, in Neville Southall's shirt used the day before.

I think they exist only as a non league ladies team low.

The church retained a team after Everton went pro and after the church went the team continued.

My dad played in goal, in the FA Cup qualifiers for St Domingo FC. He got player of the season twice.

They had no kit for one FA Cup game, and they wrote to Everton - the club sent them the previous games' kits.

So my dad played in the FA Cup, for St Domingo FC in 1981, in Neville Southall's shirt used the day before.

you still got Southalls kit mate that was given to your dad?

The church retained a team after Everton went pro and after the church went the team continued.

My mum's husband and my brothers dad, is Gerry Morgan's grandson, considered one of the best center half's in England at the time, played for Nottingham Forrest, nearly signed for Everton, they were the 2 teams chasing him at the time, he said "which ever comes to me first I'll sign for." a Forrest representative turned up to a café he was a regular in not long after and beat Everton to the signature.

Funnily enough he was a blue, and the reason I support Everton, as it was passed through my mums husband to me as a young kid.

There's a story about when he was tasked with marking Dixie Dean at Goodison also, the story is that Dixie picked up a knock during the match and went to the sidelines, Gerry followed shortly after and came and stood beside him, apparently Dixie responded in bewilderment, "what the **** are you doing?" to which Gerry replied, "my manager told me if I'm marking you not to let you out of my sight!" lol His son who's still alive, must be in his 80s, told me that story, I know he definitely played against Dixie and was one of the best in the game but don't know about the sideline story lol good story none the less!

Not much of an Everton connection as such but a bit of interestinh history at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.