Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

You say that is if you think I’m doing them all over or something.

You’ve misunderstood. It’s the manifestation and consequences of serious unhappiness and mental health issues.

That’s what I thought the thread was about.

If you know it’s the consequence of serious mental health issues then you shouldn’t really ask us what to do as seeing your GP is fairly obvious.

Your tone is also coming across a little rude here.

You say that is if you think I’m doing them all over or something.

You’ve misunderstood. It’s the manifestation and consequences of serious unhappiness and mental health issues.

That’s what I thought the thread was about.

I haven’t at all mate.

You’re illness has caused you to behave in a way that’s alienated friends and family.

You’ve obviously recovered enough to the point that you’ve realised this.

It’s now time to try and build bridges.

If you know it’s the consequence of serious mental health issues then you shouldn’t really ask us what to do as seeing your GP is fairly obvious.

Your tone is also coming across a little rude here.

Wowzer.

I’ve definitely misunderstood this thread.

I’ll depart. Apologies, my mistake.

Wowzer.

I’ve definitely misunderstood this thread.

I’ll depart. Apologies, my mistake.

C’mon mate, he didn’t mean to offend you, he’s one of the good guys on here.

Everyone’s opinion is subjective.

You asked for advice and @Nymzee responded

Whether you take it or leave it is up to you.

No doubt others will come on and possibly offer different advice.

The fact that so many want to help others through their own experiences is what makes this thread so good.

@Cardano

When I first started experiencing depression and anxiety related symptoms about 10 years ago I leant heavily on my wife. When I felt bad I would almost demand to her that she make me feel better. She did her absolute best for a while but it wore her down and she eventually blew up at me. I do wonder whether she'd have stayed with me if I hadn't changed my behaviour. I think maybe it's this sort of thing that people are getting at.

I dont think anyone meant to offend you. This really is a great thread.

Bit insecure about something, just want to write it out and get it off my chest.

My new work has been going good really, nearly a year in now and feel very settled and think I'm very well liked and appreciated. It's just why I cant I shake this feeling that things are going TOO well?

I'm very much an individual and act like one. I'm polite, helpful and funny towards my colleagues but I'm also distant with them. I deliberately don't divulge personal information about myself whereas everyone else seems to share everything about their lives. That's their choice, but it's definitely not what I want to be doing with colleagues. I have a small circle of close friends, people I feel I can let loose with.

Tonight was our Christmas night out. I went along and was there a few hours but left once I began to feel like I wasnt enjoying myself. I tried to mix and be amiable but I just couldn't stop feeling like I was out of place, I decided to quietly slip away when everyone was up dancing. It was a nice evening out but I wasnt determined to stay out and get hammered but didn't want to make a thing out of leaving.

I keep having feelings of insecurity, like perhaps my lack of integrating myself is going to count against me at some point. Am i being paranoid?

Bit insecure about something, just want to write it out and get it off my chest.

My new work has been going good really, nearly a year in now and feel very settled and think I'm very well liked and appreciated. It's just why I cant I shake this feeling that things are going TOO well?

I'm very much an individual and act like one. I'm polite, helpful and funny towards my colleagues but I'm also distant with them. I deliberately don't divulge personal information about myself whereas everyone else seems to share everything about their lives. That's their choice, but it's definitely not what I want to be doing with colleagues. I have a small circle of close friends, people I feel I can let loose with.

Tonight was our Christmas night out. I went along and was there a few hours but left once I began to feel like I wasnt enjoying myself. I tried to mix and be amiable but I just couldn't stop feeling like I was out of place, I decided to quietly slip away when everyone was up dancing. It was a nice evening out but I wasnt determined to stay out and get hammered but didn't want to make a thing out of leaving.

I keep having feelings of insecurity, like perhaps my lack of integrating myself is going to count against me at some point. Am i being paranoid?
Definitely not being paranoid, and it's great you get on with the people you work with.

Long as you're doing your job and being amicable with your workmates everything will be fine. ;)

You went to the do and made an effort. It's more than I managed to do this year.

I have always felt a little out of place at work nights out. No matter how well I get on with people in the office I can't seem to relax and be that way on a night out.

Hi mate, I try and avoid getting bladdered these days as I really find the feelings of depression come on strong with a hangover. I just dont find it's worth it anymore.

There is increasing pressure in the modern world to be larger than life,nothing wrong with being quiet and thoughtful.Just be yourself and in the end it pays dividends.

@MrD its been a while my friend. How you been?
Grinch! Thanks for thinking of me. Yeah, I'm ok. A lot better than I was which is great. I'm still not tip top and I don't think I'll ever be but I'm few steps up from the bottom.

I've got a hard few months ahead of me. Lots of things I've been avoiding will be here soon. I just hope the first hard day I have doesn't break me.

How are you mate?