Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Good for you mate. When asked by recruiters or in interviews on why you left, tell them that and it'll look good for professional companies. I'd be tempted to put a google review and spill the beans. I wanted to do that after I was asked to leave my temporary role, but I've resisted the temptation in case it backfires in some way.

Nah mate it's never wise to slate a previous employer to a new perspective one. I'll just say I requested a change of team (which is true) and was told no and therefore saw no future there.

It's just a lesson for me never to work for a claims company. They're all a scam, they say they help people but they don't, they take advantage and refuse to let you pull the plug if you're unhappy with their procedures.

The questions we have to ask now are for me way too personal and the pressure they want us to put on clients is harassment. We have to demand to know people's medical histories and if a client refuses to answer, or can't because they can't remember, we have to threaten them with a cancellation fee.

So the consent for the company to have that information is not freely given?

And perhaps more information is requested than is necessarily required for the claim?

Imo, this could hardly be construed as legal.

Nah mate it's never wise to slate a previous employer to a new perspective one. I'll just say I requested a change of team (which is true) and was told no and therefore saw no future there.

It's just a lesson for me never to work for a claims company. They're all a scam, they say they help people but they don't, they take advantage and refuse to let you pull the plug if you're unhappy with their procedures.
I'm coming up to the second year of waiting for a simple car accident claim to be settled.Comms with the company are a joke,but as you say once you sign on the dotted line your trapped.

Writing this at stupid o'clock because I'm lying in bed unable to drop off, my mind is so clouded.

Yesterday was the most farcical day I've had in this job so far. Nothing to do with any of my colleagues, we all got lumbered with the same thing. On Wednesday our Chief Exec told us that Thursday and Friday we'd all be off the phones and away from our desks because they'd arranged three people from another, larger company to come up from Wales and spend 2 days explaining to us how to use a new system our bosses want to introduce. We all thought "Okay whatever, it makes a nice change from our usual routine."

The whole thing was farcical. The 3 who came to educate us were 2 blokes and a lady. One of the blokes did the presenting and to this fella is a real-life David Brent is the understatement of the year. The bloke is so loud and cringeworthy, I felt uncomfortable in the room with him. He was trying to be friendly and engaging but it bombed badly, he kept putting his hands on my shoulder and pointing across the table at people, he completely lost my interest immediately. The other two were just a bit smug, every time we asked a question we were answered in a very know-it-all tone of voice. Maybe it was just a cultural clash, they were from Newport and were all Scouse so perhaps our ways of communicating our just vastly different but the point were all made to feel very put off and unenthusiastic.

The bit that keeps playing on my mind though is how dramatically they want to change our way of working. A standard phone call we made took about 10 mins tops, we ask about a dozen questions and try to explain the process to people as best we can. Now, because of this new way of doing things that these people have told us we'll be doing, one phone call will probably take up to half an hour. They want us to ask clients up to 50 questions and some of them are extremely personal, ranging from whether or not they or anyone in their family has a history of mental illness and what medications they may be on. That is not a question I feel comfortable asking a stranger or something that is morally right. Yet these people are telling us we should ask people this like we're asking them about the weather. I think it's disgusting personally and when I raised this point of view privately I was basically told again, in a smug sort of way by one of the blokes, to not be stupid.

I'm not going in tomorrow morning, I'm not sitting in a room with these people for another 8 hours of the day. We'll see what happens next week in regards to how we operate going forward but I'm not spending another day with people who make me physically uncomfortable, make scamming people sound like something to be proud of and basically fob off what are genuine concerns about ethics.
Sounds crap mate

I am always looking on this forum but am especially glad this thread exists, my only previous posts were yonks ago on this very thread I think.

I always feel I am a bit too shy to post on here but after years of hiding things from my family (not always successfully) I finally went to my doctor the other day and got a quick appointment (not easy to get) with the mental health team. The nurses other half supports everton so that broke the ice a bit.

I feel I have hit rock bottom after suffering chronic physical pain and now having no income and living at home. It usually takes something serious to trigger my underlying feelings and I have resumed my pacing at night and got to the point that I only want to go out at night (to stop pacing between four walls)and I have had a stockpile of medication taken by family for safety reasons.

I have the sudden impulse need to get up and go somewhere isolated, which frightens me (usually when I am alone). But I sometimes still look forward to the next match (not easy this season)so I guess that is forward thinking at least!

As a lurker on this site I feel anxious posting on here but I will try and post (on normal everton related topics from now on)

I am always looking on this forum but am especially glad this thread exists, my only previous posts were yonks ago on this very thread I think.

I always feel I am a bit too shy to post on here but after years of hiding things from my family (not always successfully) I finally went to my doctor the other day and got a quick appointment (not easy to get) with the mental health team. The nurses other half supports everton so that broke the ice a bit.

I feel I have hit rock bottom after suffering chronic physical pain and now having no income and living at home. It usually takes something serious to trigger my underlying feelings and I have resumed my pacing at night and got to the point that I only want to go out at night (to stop pacing between four walls)and I have had a stockpile of medication taken by family for safety reasons.

I have the sudden impulse need to get up and go somewhere isolated, which frightens me (usually when I am alone). But I sometimes still look forward to the next match (not easy this season)so I guess that is forward thinking at least!

As a lurker on this site I feel anxious posting on here but I will try and post (on normal everton related topics from now on)

How did you get on with the nurse mate ?

Ps - You never ever have to be worried about posting anything on here.

We`re all in it together ;)

Thanks COYBL25,

She was amazing (in more ways than one ;) Could not ask to see anybody nicer! Despite feeling awful the nurse managed to make me open up and say things as they are (even stuff I could not even tell my doctor for fear it is too serious or too embarrassing). I guess he will know now/soon anyway which is a good thing.

I am waiting for another appointment now, not sure who with exactly. Glad my parents/family are so understanding to be able to take time off to be able to come with me.

I've been off work for a month or so due to a leg injury so I've been doing online gambling a lot lately to stave off the boredom.

Last night, in an hour of madness I lost over a grand trying to chase money I'd lost the day before. I've now decided shut down all my online gambling accounts and I've vowed never to gamble again. However, I just can't get over the loss. A grand is a lot to me. Also, my elderly parents who now live in Wales are really struggling financially and I keep beating myself up and thinking to myself what they could have done with such a large amount of money.

Can't stop dwelling on it and thinking how much more money I'd have right now if I wasn't so stupid. Feeling very down.

I've been off work for a month or so due to a leg injury so I've been doing online gambling a lot lately to stave off the boredom.

Last night, in an hour of madness I lost over a grand trying to chase money I'd lost the day before. I've now decided shut down all my online gambling accounts and I've vowed never to gamble again. However, I just can't get over the loss. A grand is a lot to me. Also, my elderly parents who now live in Wales are really struggling financially and I keep beating myself up and thinking to myself what they could have done with such a large amount of money.

Can't stop dwelling on it and thinking how much more money I'd have right now if I wasn't so stupid. Feeling very down.
I'm in recovery from gambling addiction for 5 years mate Its a crippling addiction.. I won't put a figure on what I lost but the money is irrelevant . That may sound strange but it took so much more. If you want to stop go to gamblers anonymous meetings. They are for me the only solution anyway. Worse thing you can do is go chasing losses. Hole just gets deeper

I'm in recovery from gambling addiction for 5 years mate Its a crippling addiction.. I won't put a figure on what I lost but the money is irrelevant . That may sound strange but it took so much more. If you want to stop go to gamblers anonymous meetings. They are for me the only solution anyway. Worse thing you can do is go chasing losses. Hole just gets deeper

I THINK/hope that I can stop without any help. I haven't gambled at all today. I just feel dead down at having lost all that cash.

Everyone is different. But goin to meetings for 5 years and have never heard of anyone stop on their own . No shame in goin Bigger shame in losing all your money

Cheers for the advice but I'm not 100% sure that I've got a gambling addiction as such. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this. And I've terminated my gambling accounts etc.

I just feel down thinking "I'd be able to help my parents out financially if I hadn't blown that thousand quid etc."

Cheers for the advice but I'm not 100% sure that I've got a gambling addiction as such. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this. And I've terminated my gambling accounts etc.
OK mate . But it sounds to me like you may have a problem.. But only you can decide that. Terminating accounts is a step But there are hundreds of shops and easy set up more If I was you I'd go to a meeting. You wont be judged.