Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

My Little sister is in a bad way. She is by herself so I have gone around to supporter. She has anxiety and her heart beat is going like the clappers. Any advice on techniques to calm her down?

My Little sister is in a bad way. She is by herself so I have gone around to supporter. She has anxiety and her heart beat is going like the clappers. Any advice on techniques to calm her down?

Google anxiety / panic attacks and how to deal with them through breathing techniques.

Or alternatively if she'll leave the house, try and take her somewhere very peaceful and quiet and just sit with her until it passes.

She has been suffering for about 9 months. She is seeing a councillor and is on meds. She has taken all the pills she is allowed to take today.

It is a strange one. There is no obvious reason for her depression. She has a lot going for her and 2 lovely kids

There doesn't need to be a reason mate.

If she's taken all her meds correctly it's just a care of riding it out with her.

Maybe put the radio on and find something peaceful / not sad ?.

Radio 3 / 4 ?

Feeling a bit smothered by someone I know. I told them about my problems hoping they would give me some space. All it did was make things worse and it's adding to my anxiety. I know they mean well but they always put pressure on me to talk about my issues and get frustrated when I don't take their advice. Last time it caused me to have an anxiety attack.

I'm terrible with conflict and confrontation and really don't know how to handle the situition.

I know it sounds trivial bit its really bothering me.

One of two twin brothers who were in the year above me in school killed himself on Wednesday. Less than 3 months older than me.

Have you heard of mindfulness? There's quite a lot that can help anxiety feeds the anxiety try to reassure her she's ok etc and for her to do distraction techniques anything that will take her mind of it.

I was due to be married after 3 years coming up on Aug the 3rd.

2 weeks ago my fiancee left me, I have never felt so ill in my life and it really has been a struggle to block out the dark thoughts.

However things are now starting to get just a little bit better day by day.

Dont give up and keep as strong as you can is my advice to anyone in a similar situation , even if you feel like there is no point.