Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I see there's been a singer who's killed himself. Linkin Park.

Don't suffer alone folks. Don't let it get that far.

Totally agree. I've attempted my life, I've been there and sometimes quite often my illness flares up, still think dark dark thoughts and have to try to change them.

The message is TALK don't keep anything in no matter what you think TALK!

Someone anyone just do it. We often feel we're alone and there's only one way to make it stop but it's not the case trust me. Wishing everyone my well being this evening X

Dread the 'dread' but know that it is nothing that you cannot work out by talking to the right people. We are all here to 'listen' and to proffer advice and support - we have all been there, still are and bought the T-shirt - but the fact we are still here is because we sought the correct professional advice which gets us through this sh*t.
This forum is simply a sounding board to let us all know we are not suffering alone and that there are literally tens of thousands going through similar challenges. It makes it more personal because this is a Blues site and as Blues we all feel and share the pain but l am sure that if every football team forum throughout the world had as good and dedicated a site we would all realise just how endemic anxiety and depression is.
We do not and should not suffer alone. No single man or woman is an island and we all need to learn to reach out and seek attention - it is not a weakness to look for help.
If you ever get the chance read 'Footsteps in the sand' - don't let the religious angle put you off because it applies in a generic sense to what we are going and have gone through vis-a-vis the need for support.
Wishing you all well X

I've had my struggles in the past and at the time it all felt too trivial to bother other people with it. It wasn't, but I managed to get the support I needed by just talking.

Things are better for me these days, but I have close family who suffer from depression and one of my best mates suffers from a few various mental health issues.

If you are in a dark place, please don't be afraid to ask for help.

And just as importantly; if you have friends with MH/depression issues, pick up the phone or pop around to see them.
Even if it's just a "hello, how are you?" or a quick cuppa, just knowing someone has made the effort to get in touch can be a lifeline!

:cheers:

Speaking to a youngish girl at work yesterday. No behave yourself!
Heard she was leaving
Asked why
After a chat turned out she'd been off work for 3 months with depression and decided she'd had enough and wants to pursue a different career
She must be about 20-23 same age as my daughter is .
Really felt for her

Speaking to a youngish girl at work yesterday. No behave yourself!
Heard she was leaving
Asked why
After a chat turned out she'd been off work for 3 months with depression and decided she'd had enough and wants to pursue a different career
She must be about 20-23 same age as my daughter is .
Really felt for her
Good for her to make the change though