Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I was due to be married after 3 years coming up on Aug the 3rd.

2 weeks ago my fiancee left me, I have never felt so ill in my life and it really has been a struggle to block out the dark thoughts.

However things are now starting to get just a little bit better day by day.

Dont give up and keep as strong as you can is my advice to anyone in a similar situation , even if you feel like there is no point.
Sorry to read that mate,many of us on here have had similar experiences. The positive thing in your post is that you recognise that things are getting a little bit better , day by day. It's not much of a response from me but that is very often the way to get through these things, on a day by day basis, then gradually you realise that you are coming out the other side. Good luck with things.

I was due to be married after 3 years coming up on Aug the 3rd.

2 weeks ago my fiancee left me, I have never felt so ill in my life and it really has been a struggle to block out the dark thoughts.

However things are now starting to get just a little bit better day by day.

Dont give up and keep as strong as you can is my advice to anyone in a similar situation , even if you feel like there is no point.
Love your attitude mate. All the best and thanks for sharing. ;)

Sorry to read that mate,many of us on here have had similar experiences. The positive thing in your post is that you recognise that things are getting a little bit better , day by day. It's not much of a response from me but that is very often the way to get through these things, on a day by day basis, then gradually you realise that you are coming out the other side. Good luck with things.

Thanks, there are still good days and bad days but back to work tommorow will help I think (signed off with stress)

Feeling a bit smothered by someone I know. I told them about my problems hoping they would give me some space. All it did was make things worse and it's adding to my anxiety. I know they mean well but they always put pressure on me to talk about my issues and get frustrated when I don't take their advice. Last time it caused me to have an anxiety attack.

I'm terrible with conflict and confrontation and really don't know how to handle the situition.

I know it sounds trivial bit its really bothering me.

Unfortunately some people don't have " off " buttons mate. Others like to "mother " people, it's just the way they are.

From what you've said in your post, this person doesn't sounds like the right person to support you tbh.

You're going to have to let them down gently and pull away from them.

The whole point of supporting someone is to help them, not make the situation worse.

Unfortunately some people don't have " off " buttons mate. Others like to "mother " people, it's just the way they are.

From what you've said in your post, this person doesn't sounds like the right person to support you tbh.

You're going to have to let them down gently and pull away from them.

The whole point of supporting someone is to help them, not make the situation worse.

Unfortunately I think you're right. I feel quite guilty but I am trying to start the process of pulling away from them. It's not something that feels natural to me as I am usually very accommodating (maybe too much so). I have to put myself first though.

Eh, just bit down lately. Self loathing, depressive spells. Not sure the meds are working either, or they did for a bit and now don't seem to, even though the dosage has increased recently. Dunno. Thanks for asking mate.

Anyone tried CALM? They anygood?

Do you mean Herbal Kalms? Never tried them. I'm on Citalopram and I'm told that you can't mix the two together.

I've been using CBD oil. Got it from Holland & Barrett. It's expensive but I feel like it helps.

If you feel like the meds aren't helping you should go back to the doctor. They might be able to prescribe something different.

Do you mean Herbal Kalms? Never tried them. I'm on Citalopram and I'm told that you can't mix the two together.

I've been using CBD oil. Got it from Holland & Barrett. It's expensive but I feel like it helps.

If you feel like the meds aren't helping you should go back to the doctor. They might be able to prescribe something different.

ha nah I meant https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/get-help/ (Campaign Against Living Miserably).

On Sertraline myself.

Yeah going back next week I think, might ask then.

ha nah I meant https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/get-help/ (Campaign Against Living Miserably).

On Sertraline myself.

Yeah going back next week I think, might ask then.

From what I've heard mate, they intially are there to listen and then hopefully point you in the right direction for getting help and support.

Re : you're meds sounds like they need tweaking again or possibly changing.

I have major stress related anxiety on the regular, manifests in really strange ways as well, a lot of the time its like I am twitching to the point of hurting myself, turning my neck, sucking my chest in to the point my ribs hurt, and CBD oil works a treat! basically the calming side of cannabis without the being off your face, you can get tablets as well, although I haven't

I have major stress related anxiety on the regular, manifests in really strange ways as well, a lot of the time its like I am twitching to the point of hurting myself, turning my neck, sucking my chest in to the point my ribs hurt, and CBD oil works a treat! basically the calming side of cannabis without the being off your face, you can get tablets as well, although I haven't

Which brand do you use and where do you get it from? Seems like there is alot of places selling stuff that isn't the genuine product.

I buy it from Holland & Barrett. £20 for 10ml.

Serious emotional turmoil at the moment. On top of the usual bullying at work, and trying to sell my flat, and all the other day to day cra@p that we all have, I found out last week that my brother is engaged, and has been for at least 8 months. And literally no-one in my family told me. No one. Even after a few weeks ago, when I found out they'd organised a big family event behind my back, I told them how much it upsets and hurst me when they behave like I'm not a valid member of the family- you'd have thought that would've been a good opportunity to say " well, actually, there's something else you should probably know.."

It's just shi!t. When you can't even rely and trust on your family, what the hell else is there.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.