Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or as Defensive Consultant under Silva.

Not really though, I’m too petty to ever want him back at the club even though he would do a job organising the back 4.

I'm sure that Silvas new assistant will be defensive minded. The quality of the team he brought with him has been under examination for some time.

Moyes time has been and gone.

The semi-Final against Liverpool summed him up. First half we were great and in full control. Second half he sent out a team to hold what they had for 45 minutes and we folded and were dominated again. Little Everton we gave it a go Bill, yes Davie we gave it a go a moral victory.

Exactly. What summed up Moyes "legacy" for me was a few things which demonstrated his mentality and lack of a spine after taking the Man U job:
- "I finally have a team that can win at Anfield" - so what exactly were you doing the 11 times you brought us to Anfield???????
- Jan: "Everyone knows you pay big when you want an Everton player". 7 months later - puts in a £5m bid for Baines.
- Day 1 at Utd - asks Woodward to bid for Messi LOL. Ends up with Fellaini!

He did well to take us from one of the lowest points in our history, but it is quite clear that he hit a glass ceiling in his own ability at about 2009. 1-0 up in the cup final and absolutely soiled his pants. Also, for every Cahill there was a Kroldrup, for every Arteta there was a Simon Davies.

Decent manager, done a great job for 8-9 years, some great memories. But a distant past. Moshiri's Everton are a different ball game.

Exactly. What summed up Moyes "legacy" for me was a few things which demonstrated his mentality and lack of a spine after taking the Man U job:
- "I finally have a team that can win at Anfield" - so what exactly were you doing the 11 times you brought us to Anfield???????
- Jan: "Everyone knows you pay big when you want an Everton player". 7 months later - puts in a £5m bid for Baines.
- Day 1 at Utd - asks Woodward to bid for Messi LOL. Ends up with Fellaini!

He did well to take us from one of the lowest points in our history, but it is quite clear that he hit a glass ceiling in his own ability at about 2009. 1-0 up in the cup final and absolutely soiled his pants. Also, for every Cahill there was a Kroldrup, for every Arteta there was a Simon Davies.

Decent manager, done a great job for 8-9 years, some great memories. But a distant past. Moshiri's Everton are a different ball game.
Nailed it there..

I mean this may be in jest or it may not, I'm not entirely sure. However the point still stands that we played some good stuff under Moyes and he never got much credit for it, all the while we were pretty solid at the back. If he'd had the budget that managers since have had I suspect he'd have done a far better job given the chance. Someone can bold that statement and point to what he spent at United and still failed, but the whole environment there wasn't conducive to a successful rebuilding job.

I think he's a tit for the way he acted after his departure and Woodward was as much to blame for the way things turned out at United as Moyes was, but let's not re-write history because we're too bitter to accept that he was the best thing that's happened to the club for many years. It's a shame the managers since have dismantled the hard work and work ethic he instilled.
Has there ever been a manager in the top English league that went forty four games away against the top four teams and won absolutely none, that’s an embarrassment he will never escape, pitiful.

Well, he also played centre back once Baines got given his chance and most of those goals were off set plays. Arguably the goals have little bearing on playing left back. But agreed, overall he did well there, despite bot really wanting to play there.
Lescottwas as nervous as a kitten when he made his debut at left back versus Watford, he never enjoyed playing that game and I doubt he ever did at left back, not a bad centre half although his goals improved his reputation, Moyes initially thought he had made a mistake buying Baines, didn’t have any faith in his ability, after paying £5M for him, I think Moyes doubted his own ability at times, I know I did, especially playing away, more frightened of losing than trying to win. I didn’t dislike him for going to Man. Unt. just absolutely amazed that Ferguson chose him, one of the biggest mistakes he ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.