Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
you only need fear for Bolton now, Bury are already toast. Absolutely horrible state of affairs.
I really feel for Bury and their fans, whereas Bolton i could'nt care less about tbh. They have had 'questions' with regards to some of their buisiness dealings for years now, they have long been accused of dodgy dealings and it has come home to roost now.

Miss the days of Moyes,
Was nice to go away and feel like we could get results against most sides in the league,
If we could combine that with Marcos knack of taking points off the top 6....

Seeing the trouble Bolton are in now it makes me thankful every day this guy walked into our club.

We were on an absolute financial knife edge. Mortgaged up to our eye balls with vibrac loans. One wrong turn and we could have easily been where Bolton are now. No Moshiri, no new stadium, no dreams of European football, no Brazilian internationals. Had we taken a wrong turn at any point we could have gone down never to return.

Instead Moyes came in and as well as saving us from immediate trouble, took a squad of old men destined for relegation and on barely any money relative to his competition took us to regular European qualification. He also kept the bankers at the door by creating saleable assets on a regular basis for Kenwright. Lescott Arteta Rodwell all out the door with not much back through it, yet within a season we were back to making FA Cup semi finals and finishing top 7.

No other manager with a similar brief to what Moyes had can even come close to what he did over that period of time. We are where we are now purely down to a once in a generation manager who saved this club for decades to come.

Yet some revile him for not winning a trophy. Fools. Thank your lucky stars that none of the collection of frauds that have followed him rocked up at Goodison in 2002 otherwise we’d have been on the news reel with Bury if we’d have managed to survive this long.
Absolute garbage. 40k a week fans and a history and culture of football in liverpool, we would not have gone anywhere near the likes of Bolton, Bury, Coventry etc.

I would have rather gone down for a year or 2 and won a cup than watched year after year of exits from cups by weakened team from Moyes. And then the pityful cup final v chelsea and the unforgivable semi v the worst kopite team in generations.

Ffs Leeds have been on the floor for a decade but are a few wins away from being a mid table prem team with 40k a week turning up every week.

I dont think anyone reviles him.

He did an above average job in the league and an abysmal one in the cups in his time.

In futire generations people will say `he did ok during a tricky time in our history'. Ie. Nothing to see here, move on,

Status
Not open for further replies.