Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was - and is - clueless at coaching good players.

I'm not saying he could have done it but I think Ferguson thought Moyes could mitigate a quick decline after his departure because of how he operated, day-to-day. Not sure his time there was a fair litmus test and they haven't fared any better since but them's the breaks in the "big time". The majority of Mourinho's time has been spent working with a lot of talent and, for the most part, he's been successful at it. Not there, though...

They would have been fine if they stayed with Moyes. Still stuck with RS disease, we have a right to win trophies. You don't and you won't until you get rid of the attitude.

They love the limelight until it goes tits up...now it's the fans, former players in the media and the media itself trying to uphold them to a standard they can't sustain because it was primarily being generated by Ferguson. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be having this conversation and they'd still be rolling on.

Thirteen league titles in 26 years...7 in the previous 115 years before his arrival. They need to wake up; those days are gone and they're not coming back...well over a century of football league results proves it.

I'll just sit back and watch them all throw a tantrum...light entertainment.

Last edited:
Moyes thinks he was the sole pioneer of pressing football.

Even though the first pressing teams were the English sides of the 70's and 80's when England sides had that golden period of winning t European trophies annually.

Arrigo Sacchi at Milan was heavily influenced by the English game at the time, his milan side played 442 with a pressing game, Wolfgang Frank was another coach who was also who brought that style to germany and influenced a lot of coaches there like Favre Klopp Schmidt etc.

Uncool opinion, but I don’t hate the bloke. Bar the one Martinez season overall he gave me the fondest Everton memories to look back on. Yes I am of a certain age.

I think he did a great job myself, he bought us some superb players and he took us from the bottom to near the top. His hunger took him to United, nobody in the world would have turned United down at that point. Sure he blotted his copybook with his words regarding Baines and Felli and I think hes probably done as a Manager at this point. Think most players wouldnt really respect him anymore.

But yeah I dont hate him and the Semi win against United was certainly my highest point of the last 20 odd years.

Christ, thats quite depressing really isnt it.

:(

didn't hate him until he thought he was the new fergie, got cocky and undone 10 years of great work telling 2 of our best players they should leave everton for a bigger club, horrible move that for a club he spent so much time at

once he got sacked a couple of times in a row and got brought back down to earth he seems to be sound again like

edit- mad to think he left us what 5/6 years ago? he was so highly rated at the time now no one in the top divisions will go near him

I think he is half the problem at United, he is still lurking in the background, the back seat driver.
Imagine trying to manage that club with him and Charlton breathing down your neck.
The problem is CLEARLY Woodward. He messed up the Moyes season by lowballing the likes of Barcelona for Fabregas, then was a day late and a dollar short in signing Mata, who was not the playmaker they needed.

He then binned Moyes, and LVG completely dismantled the squad they had. LVG was a Woodward signing. They have never recovered from that, much more than the Moyes era, as they ripped the heart out the team, proved they will vow to player pressure AND showed they can be completely held to ransom in the transfer market.

He also appointed OGS after a fluky run and it is obvious he is not up to the job. His record since becoming permanent makes Moyes look like Matt Busby and Fergie combined.

On another note it is funny when Man Utd dans disparage Moyes for being Scottish and dour, given their two greatest managers were Scottish and dour (though perhaps more charismatic)!

West Ham beat us convincingly 3-1 last game of the previous season actually , with Moyes still in charge.
I am genuinely quite surprised how Moyes is never in the frame for a job at the moment. Even the likes of Stoke (Stoke!) and Aston Villa fans recoiled in horror at the thought of being managed by Moyes.

His overall record in management is very good, but people get more excited at the thought of getting managed by any random German/Spaniard/Portuguese over him.

They key attributes many fans seem to value now are:

Is the manager “progressive”/play modern tappy-tappy football?
Does he have an “exotic” surname?
Does he look nice in an Armani suit?

Christ, look at Sarri. Just won a European trophy, but Chelsea fans don’t like him because he is older and out of shape! And that is even despite him playing progressive football AND having a cool surname!

Status
Not open for further replies.