DCL, Holgate and Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think (and hope) that when Carlo gets his own players in that these 3 will play less games together. Holgate is the only one of them who could potentially be used in the starting XI based on his performances this season. I’d expect DCL to be a rotation player or impact from the bench and Davies to disappear out the squad unless we get a lot of injuries, before moving to a Championship team.

Agree, all 3 need be gone to see progress towards being a top 6 team, nowhere near the squad for a top 4 team.

Like the time around the last FA Cup final when we still had the likes of Hibbert and Osman playing regularly.

You dont compete towards the top with bang average lower table Prem players,

None of them will be in the starting line up next season when Don Carlo gets his own players in.
They'll be squad / back up at best.

A lot depends on what we can spend, but if we persist with two up front, I suspect DCL is very much in Ancelotti's thoughts. He's fast, good in the air and he has developed a lot as far as bringing other players into the game and his interplay is concerned. He isn't the best finisher in the world, but if he plays in a front two and has someone alongside him to share the goalscoring burden, I think he may be in it for the long haul given what else he offers the team.

Holgate has surprised me a lot, but we will undoubtedly buy another centre back either this month or in the summer, so he will do well to stay in the team when that happens.

Davies - before this season I had more or less given up on him, but there have been signs of development with him too. I find it hard to imagine him ever being a first choice centre mid for us, but I'd rather get rid of Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and probably Delph before I thought about selling him now.

A lot depends on what we can spend, but if we persist with two up front, I suspect DCL is very much in Ancelotti's thoughts. He's fast, good in the air and he has developed a lot as far as bringing other players into the game and his interplay is concerned. He isn't the best finisher in the world, but if he plays in a front two and has someone alongside him to share the goalscoring burden, I think he may be in it for the long haul given what else he offers the team.

Holgate has surprised me a lot, but we will undoubtedly buy another centre back either this month or in the summer, so he will do well to stay in the team when that happens.

Davies - before this season I had more or less given up on him, but there have been signs of development with him too. I find it hard to imagine him ever being a first choice centre mid for us, but I'd rather get rid of Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and probably Delph before I thought about selling him now.
Siggurdson Schnides Delph etc plus one or two others will go. Maybe Coleman Walcott & Baines to be phased out too.
I suspect Carlo see's Richy as a central striker if DCL goes back to old ways he will be benched.I see another forward coming in.
Once Carlo brings in a centre mid or two plus Gomes & Gbamin , Davies will drop to the bench.
Same in defence 1 or possibly 2 centre half s will be brought in , Holgate will drop down.
I dont see the 3 of them leaving the club , but dropping down to being squad players.

It wont happen overnight tho , it'll take time.

Holgate is prob 1st choice centre back right now, and is the most comfortable on the ball. DCL has made major improvements this season, if Davies can make a similar improvement I would agree with your post. I do think however once Gomes and Gbamin are fit and maybe any new additions brought in Davies may well struggle for game time.
Once Carlo gets 'his' team he will struggle to be in the squad full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.