Homepage Update: Davy Klaassen Wants Everton Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least, you can say Davy has set himself apart from the likes of Snides, Williams, Sandro. We want all of them gone, but all of them were quitters. They didnt want to fight for a spot, they just wanted it handed to them. The only other one of the outcasts and misfits you can say gave any fight was Bolasie, but then again he was a darling of the manager that may have had a very different attitude if he'd have been benched.

Obviously most dont think he will make it here, but we can at least admire his attitude and professionalism. It will be interesting to see if we try and sell him immediately, or if we move on Snides, and Rooney, and realize Davies isnt the solution there, if he doesnt get opportunities under a new manager at a formerly crowded space.

not convince he can get ahead of players like Lookman siggy onyekuro. He simple don’t have the right attribute to make a difference.
Like I say not good enough to replace siggy
Not enough energy to replace Gana
Not willing to run with the ball makes him a useless box to box midfielder.
Misfit

I hope his ability ends up aligning with his attitude, if Sam took a leaf at of his book he would learn a lot.

To go from the captain of your team and play in a Europa League final to not even getting on the bench at Everton must be tough.

Unless iv missed something, the guy always seems positive and doesn't speak negatively about Everton. Even when clubs wanted him, you didnt see him moaning that he missed out on a move etc. Acts with real class. I hope he comes good.

I hope his ability ends up aligning with his attitude, if Sam took a leaf at of his book he would learn a lot.

To go from the captain of your team and play in a Europa League final to not even getting on the bench at Everton must be tough.

Unless iv missed something, the guy always seems positive and doesn't speak negatively about Everton. Even when clubs wanted him, you didnt see him moaning that he missed out on a move etc. Acts with real class. I hope he comes good.
He's keeping his mouth shut cos he's on a kings ransom of a salary and no way he moves and stays on that much money, because he's not actually worth paying that much money.

Not his fault like, I'd be doing the same myself in his situation. He will become our Jack Rodwell.

Will fit Marco Silva's game, presuming that is who the incoming manager will be. Many around here wrote him off for the whole 14 minutes of gametime he was given, I haven't. He has a touch of class about him. Happy to be yelled at by ya's if he fails, but play him as an 8 with width and pace out wide and he might yet prove okay.

The benefits of a Klaassen that works:
  • Don't have to buy another CAM (Sigurdsson, Dowell, Klaassen, Vlasic) - Only Sigurdsson is proven thus far
  • Suits both a 433 and 343 formation
  • Productivity in midfield
  • passing range allows us to release full backs and wide midfielders to counter productively
  • 23m isn't down the drain (would we even get 15m for him now)

Problems of keeping a Klaassen which doesn't fit:
  • 100k a week to a nuffie
  • Takes up a squad place of another player (who may or may not be better)
He is hard working guy who evidently wants to succeed. Lets give him the chance. Very much in the RFM boat for me, a concern to some guys which should be met with last (if being realistic). We did the same to Niasse.

I have hopes, not a large hope but I sure aint willing to write the lad of yet. But as I said, could be another Jordy Classie, in which case he will be gone.

Super undecided if he’s gash or potentially good. In a midfield 3 as an 8 or advanced midfielder he could do the job would require us to get an actual CM or two

The managers may see him in training, but he deserves a go in the first team. I reckon he needs at least another 38 games before we can be sure whether he is good enough or not

Status
Not open for further replies.