Homepage Update: Davy Klaassen Wants Everton Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

if the next manager doesnt fancy him then yes am willing to see him go

if he comes in fully committed this season he will get game time IMO

The guy barely got a chance to play, I think he deserves another chance to play next season. In reality to me at least the team never really seemed to gel last season. That may just be my thinking but we never really got the ball moving and we made lower level teams look like Barcelona with all of the passing they were able to do

The weird thing is that if you watch any of the football we played at the beginning of the season under Koeman, Klaasen is involved in a lot of our attacking play, especially in the Europa games. Sadly we were just in a constant bloodbath in the prem and couldn’t afford to carry a player who Koeman couldn’t find a good position for as he kept shoehorning him into number 10.

If we end up playing 3 in midfield and we have a holding mid, and a creative mid, I see no reason why Klaasen couldn’t play in the third spot (not as a 10) but breaking into the box and getting goals. The issue is that the players behind him have to be good, just like Lampard had too quality behind him at Chelsea and a system fitted perfectly to him. You wouldn’t play Lampard or Ballack as a number 10. I think if we want to play Klaassen we need to play this type of system. If not then we’re best shipping him out as he’s not much good deep, out wide, or behind the striker.

Will the new manager build a team around Siggurdson, Klaasen, or neither, because I don’t think we’ll be able to get both in there as Koeman showed.

Definitely want to see him given another chance. He might do better with a decent Manager and better atmosphere and if not then fair enough, at least we know. Cant really go off this season as we have had nothing but a bunch of numpties in charge and most players either crap, underperforming or uninterested.

Status
Not open for further replies.