1. NEW: GrandOldTeam has a free app for iOS and Android. You can download it here

Dismiss Notice

Homepage Update: Davy Klaassen Wants Everton Stay

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by GrandOldTeam, May 18, 2018.

1. GrandOldTeam

GrandOldTeam Moderator Staff Member

GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Davy Klaassen Wants Everton Stay
    [​IMG]

Davy Klaassen wants to remain at Everton.

The £23.6m summer signing had been frozen out under Sam Allardyce, and the caretaker manager David Unsworth before him, having made three Premier League starts since his arrival from Ajax.

However, with significant changes at Goodison Park this summer - the 25-year-old is determined to force his way into the Everton team.

Speaking to AD in the Netherlands and as reported by Sport Witness, the player’s agent, Søren Lerby, insisted: Klaassen wasn’t ready to walk away from Everton just yet.

“Davy is not someone who gives up quickly. He wants to start the preseason at Everton.”​

2. sd_1992

sd_1992 Player Valuation: £10m Forum Supporter

"Start the preseason at Everton"

Such commitment...

3. tommytowne

tommytowne Player Valuation: £15m

We can only hope that our new D of F can sort things out one way or the other.
    Win win scenario really.

4. Connor

Connor Doing bits, here and there.

Only saying he wants a chance to prove himself to a new manager because Allardyce didn't want to know about him at all.

5. Normally players want to be at their permanent club for the year before preseason so they can train properly. You're grasping at air here.

Yank likes this.
  6. Zatara

Zatara Player Valuation: £70m

I hope Brands sets him straight and punts him all the way to Gomorrah land

davids and SerenityNigh like this.
  7. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

8. EFCPaul

EFCPaul Player Valuation: £30m

Good, he deserves a chance and I still maintain he wasn't given anywhere close to a fair one last season. If the new manager doesn't rate him then I'll finally be willing to accept that perhaps he's just not very good at least never going to be a good fit here. However, I refuse to throw a player on the scrapheap when he only played half a dozen times all season and didn't tickle the fancy of a glorified youth coach in Unsworth and a career relegation battler in Allardyce. Get a manager with a clear style will set a team up to win with flair and positivity and see what he's like.

Dosy, phil_t98, Rothanaa and 15 others like this.
  9. killenefc

killenefc Player Valuation: £40m Forum Supporter

Good on him, I hope it all works out.

Showing a bit of commitment unlike that absolute rat Sandro.

PITA, NCLBlue, Bluebonic and 3 others like this.
  10. Toast

Toast Player Valuation: £70m

He's crap.

davids likes this.
  11. SerenityNigh

SerenityNigh Player Valuation: £70m

I want to see Davy stay and be successful, even if only to hear a "Davy, Day-vy Klaassen" song to the tune of "The Ballad of Davy Crockett"

Oh, but he'll have to learn to run with the ball some, or at least turn forward before he passes the ball like it's a hot potato

12. gaino92

gaino92 Power level over 9000

Davy Klaassen ole ole ole

13. Rudolf Hucker

Rudolf Hucker Player Valuation: £10m

In plain English, he knows there’s not a club on the planet that will pay him what we do, so he’ll play the game so we subsidise his next contract & pay his loyalty bonus.

Koeman’s mess will be expensive to fix. Williams, Mirallas, Bolasie & Klaasen will be costly to move on.

Hangleton, Bullet, Abraders and 2 others like this.
  14. Barnfred 55

Barnfred 55 Player Valuation: £50m

If we have plenty of midfield runners that style of play can easily take opposition layers out of the game.

Let's see what style of football the new guys want to play and see whether he fits into it.

15. SerenityNigh

SerenityNigh Player Valuation: £70m

Agreed on the latter.

On the former, Schneiderlin doesn't like to run, Gana can run but can't pass, Davies gets caught in tight spaces too often (give him time), McCarthy is out for at least half the season, Besic appears to be off (but I would so much like to see him snap someone in half, preferably a derby, one last time), Dowell hasn't played at this level (nor has Williams... is Walsh still around?), and Rooney (*sigh*)...

Did I miss anyone? Oh, Sigurdsson. He'll be ok given the system fits, and given that he's the most talented of the lot the system should, hopefully, be fit around him (unless Brands dumps him out of the club). So in my mind, we've definitely got issues in midfield when holding onto, and distrubuting, the ball is concerned.

Barnfred 55 likes this.