Darren Bent to replace AJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you on about!!! every boady in the league has labled them as cheats.......water off a duck back mate, they still bang them in week in week out!! They just brush it off an get on with it.

Now golden boy gerrard is another story!!

Nah mate it's different when it comes out of the mouths of Wenger and Mourinho. If Gareth Southgate calls someone a cheat it's seen as him being a sore loser can't cope with a top team and he'll get a fine for talking about a top player.

When Wenger says it people listen, he manages one of the sky4 the FA will bend over backwards for anybody involved with these four clubs. The Refs aren't going to ignore Drogba going to the floor because they'll have to put up with Wenger or Alex Ferguson having a go at the refs. There was a ref in the league that got slaughtered by Alex Ferguson in the press and he got demoted to championship refereeing.

When Moyes did it he got a warning for it and Clattenburg is still one of the premiership refs.

Exactly. If it gets called in, we will still progress with it, simply as there is no alternative we can afford, no matter what KEIOC want to believe.

So if its called in, we will just find the extra money to afford it - which will no doubt be some of Moyes transfer kitty.

It really isn't rocket science.

actually i would go a step further , if it gets called in then not only will it effect the money available for transfers but i think they would have to vastly up the prices of admission etc .
in the attempt to raise money i think they would infact lose money from people refusing to pay more for less.

this chain of events could then lead to unhappy terraces and an unhappy squad. then the transfer requests and player sales will start to kick in.

the hard work moyes has done can very easily be smashed to bits and we will be back to where we started the day walter smith left , no saleable assets poor revenue and no stadium.

cleary , the fact is moyes was the right man for the managers job but the chairman and board are just not up to the task hence the strange kirkby arangments .
a bulk of a stadium for free ?
the hassle of moving out the area and splitting the fan base ?

nothing is for free and it all points to the acts of desperate men with no money options and ideas.

the fact it gets called in is a major stumbling block to overcome to save our club. but the biggest threat in my opion is the economic staglation.
a stadium built in this climate would be very over budget and would continue to cost more and lose value the second the first brick is put in place.

i just think things are more murky than they appear and that we are still miles away from resolving this issue.

i myself wouldnt even attempt to build unless the economy improoves.

(ps i still see a new owner and a redeveloped goodison in my crystal ball)

Well if you put wages aside and everything, id go for it, bents a better player than johnson, however if it was for 8 million pound, id throw in an extra 4 million and buy owen instead.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Please UKNB i like your posts normaly, but dont start with that crap......

I could imagin are full backs would love crouch here. Wouldn't have to pass the ball out of defence any more. Hooooof.......It would be a step back in my mind

i think thats why i like the sound of peter crouch though.
becouse he is a tall but he does play well with the ball to feet or into the channels.unlike most tall strikers you dont need to hoof it to get him involved.

but you are right , the way we play with a defncive midfeilder and with the fullbacks we have it will be constant hoofball.
but i think we will do that anyway wether its aj yak or crouch playing upfront.so there isnt any difference apart from the improoved average height.

and to go back to darren bent , ok then id rather have keane for 2 million more.:D

Understatement of the day lol

I totally agree with you Sharpy - Bent has the killer instinct that Yakubu, Cahill and Vaughan has, but AJ and Vic lacks.

Thats spot on

Bent is a better forward than AJ

for EVERY reason Sharpy mentioned and thats exactly wat you want in a forward

Understatement of the day lol

I totally agree with you Sharpy - Bent has the killer instinct that Yakubu, Cahill and Vaughan has, but AJ and Vic lacks.

If he was that good he'd would've got a start for Spurs - but he didnt get a sniff even though statistically he's scored more goals than Berbatov has in 2 seasons for Charlton.

But the whole thing that got me was the fact that the it said we'd off load AJ for £7mill and then get another striker in for £8mill. If we were that cash strapped, why would we replace players when depth is what we need? Its like getting rid of Lescott for John Terry. Why would we do it?

If we need to do it, why not sell Anichebe and Vaughan?

Last edited:
Because Vaughan is class and the future of our club.

Maybe so, but he's made of glass is probably lucky not to be a cripple when he's 24. Its the reason why other teams arent fighting over him ala Aaron Ramsey etc.

But if the club is that desperate for cash, wouldnt they be the 1st to get gone?

actually i would go a step further , if it gets called in then not only will it effect the money available for transfers but i think they would have to vastly up the prices of admission etc .
in the attempt to raise money i think they would infact lose money from people refusing to pay more for less.

this chain of events could then lead to unhappy terraces and an unhappy squad. then the transfer requests and player sales will start to kick in.

the hard work moyes has done can very easily be smashed to bits and we will be back to where we started the day walter smith left , no saleable assets poor revenue and no stadium.

cleary , the fact is moyes was the right man for the managers job but the chairman and board are just not up to the task hence the strange kirkby arangments .
a bulk of a stadium for free ?
the hassle of moving out the area and splitting the fan base ?

nothing is for free and it all points to the acts of desperate men with no money options and ideas.

the fact it gets called in is a major stumbling block to overcome to save our club. but the biggest threat in my opion is the economic staglation.
a stadium built in this climate would be very over budget and would continue to cost more and lose value the second the first brick is put in place.

i just think things are more murky than they appear and that we are still miles away from resolving this issue.

i myself wouldnt even attempt to build unless the economy improoves.

(ps i still see a new owner and a redeveloped goodison in my crystal ball)
I agree mate and to be honest I am really worried I admit I just dont trust Bill I know a lot of guys on here that I respect like him but im sorry he has at best misled us at worse lied so what ever he says cannot and should not be taken as fact the real savior has been Moyes and if he walks as he might then I fear bleak times ahead.:(

Bent everyday of the week for me, we missed the boat when he was at Ipswich, not by much from what i am led to understand, bright lights of London and all that.

I think hes a better player, and the type of payer i could see Moyes going for, i actually think he will be at Everton one day, but clearly if we could do a straight swap in terms of selling AJ and getting Bent for in and around the same price it would make sense for no other reason apary from the fact that Bent is younger and has miles on the clock!

I dont think it will happen, isnt he listed as easrning 95k a week, while i dont think Moyes wants to sell AJ, and i dont believe the rags!

Theres a fair bit of scare mongering going around, lets feel free to use it for our own agendas on ground moves/Takeover/swipes at the board etc! I know its a year later but still feels like last summer to me!

I don't think Darren is actually much better than Marcus Bent, money could be better spent elsewhere. A fully fit AJ with a good pre-season behind him would be good enough for me.
Moyes very often plays just one striker up front with Cahil or Osman in support using AJ pace as and when required, I can't see him changing his game plans that much next seaon when we did so well, although its always good to have options, Vaughan when fit will hopefully provide that.
I think we should be concentrating on that tall dutch kid from Holland as a replacement for Carsley, that got to the priority at the moment, Carsley's going to take some replacing.

I don't think Darren is actually much better than Marcus Bent, money could be better spent elsewhere. A fully fit AJ with a good pre-season behind him would be good enough for me.
Moyes very often plays just one striker up front with Cahil or Osman in support using AJ pace as and when required, I can't see him changing his game plans that much next seaon when we did so well, although its always good to have options, Vaughan when fit will hopefully provide that.
I think we should be concentrating on that tall dutch kid from Holland as a replacement for Carsley, that got to the priority at the moment, Carsley's going to take some replacing.

Get him in CL football next season!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.