Darren Bent to replace AJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are Bent's statistics, TB? We need a comparison if you want to demonstrate which player is more clinical.

I do quite like Bent, and AJ, but I'm not sure I would rate either as a super striker.

Spurs were insane to pay £15m for Bent. And the fact that Keane gets the nod ahead of him tells me that he's not the next big thing. I personally think he's similar to Heskey (and I do like Heskey - a much underrated striker, in my opinion).

To be honest, I personally would take Anelka over any striker in our price range.

Agree.

With regards to AJ, I simply point to the Fulham game. When he went off, we were completely out of ideas. He offers something different. When it really isnt happening, he can spring it to life. He can grab a goal in Fiorentina fashion.

The only worry I have is the niggling groin injury he seems to have, but after a fresh pre-season I am certain he will bang them in this season.

Keep the faith lads, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Again, I think the Brann game people are thinking the bullet at the end. I was on about the finish from the tight angle. No matter who that was against, it was a fantastic finish which would have went in against anyone.

And statistics? Dont make me dig them statistics up from his debut season for us again where he pisses all over Yak ;)lol

Johnson's statistics has nothing to do with Yakubu so I don't think you need too. Even if we brought Johnson statistics up from that season it still shows his poor return of 11 goals in the League. I expect more from a player who costs 9 million. And again you fail to mention that Yakubu actually outscored Johnson that season with a poorer team. Yakubu banged in 16 that season in all compeititions whereas Johnson got 12.#

I don't think Evertonians memories are short. Johnson isn't a great player and he's a player that could be improved on. He's never actually shown any consistent form and his finishing despite what you say is very hit and miss.

Everton deny Darren Bent move
Jun 23 2008 David Prentice

EVERTON have ruled out a move for Spurs striker Darren Bent.

Sources at Goodison dismissed today’s reports as "rubbish", as fevered and widespread speculation surrounded the Blues.

Some weekend reports claimed boss David Moyes would sign a five-year deal this week and be handed a £25m transfer pot, while others suggested he would be handed no fresh funds until a decision on the new stadium is made.

The truth lies somewhere inbetween, but the new stadium plans are certainly integral to Everton’s immediate future financial planning.

The Blues are unlikely to commit themselves to any major spending until their new stadium plans are given the green light by the government.

A decision is expected by July 3, but if the plans are called in by the government for public scrutiny the entire ground-move scheme would be threatened and Everton’s immediate spending plans affected.

David Moyes is currently away on holiday so will not be signing his new Everton contract this week.

And names like Bent, Andrei Arshavin and Twente’s Dutch international midfielder Orlando Engelaar arriving at Goodison appear unlikely until the club’s stadium future is clearer.

Nuff said!!!

So basically, if the stadium gets called in we don't have a pot to piss in as far as transfers go?

As much as I'm against the move, I want Everton to progress more. To put our development as a team at risk for the sake of calling in a project that's probably going to happen anyway is a bit much.

TBH that just shows to me he cant handle the pressure. You have to have big strong shoulders to be a top striker in this league.

Spot on. If he's not able to take it like a man then he's lily livered and that makes me want to replace him even more.

I think its just an excuse people make for him to be honest. His goalscoring since he joined Everton has been hit and miss as have his all round performances.

So basically, if the stadium gets called in we don't have a pot to piss in as far as transfers go?

As much as I'm against the move, I want Everton to progress more. To put our development as a team at risk for the sake of calling in a project that's probably going to happen anyway is a bit much.

Exactly. If it gets called in, we will still progress with it, simply as there is no alternative we can afford, no matter what KEIOC want to believe.

So if its called in, we will just find the extra money to afford it - which will no doubt be some of Moyes transfer kitty.

It really isn't rocket science.

ive never ever understood why darren bent is rated so highly.

for me , he is completely average player. in my eyes he has never been worth anymore than 4 million.

if he wasnt good enough to be picked ahead of berbatov , keane and defoe then i dont think he is good enough for us.

is rather spend 2 million more and get peter crouch.

for me , he is completely average player. in my eyes he has never been worth anymore than 4 million.

if he wasnt good enough to be picked ahead of berbatov , keane and defoe then i dont think he is good enough for us.

is rather spend 2 million more and get peter crouch

Agree again.

Everton have apparently ruled out the Darren Bent rumours - which is good news.

TBH that just shows to me he cant handle the pressure. You have to have big strong shoulders to be a top striker in this league.

I'd like to see Drogba and Ronaldo be levelled with diving cheat comments by every top manager and see how they cope. Let's be honest they were systematically trying to persuade referees not to give him anything. When the real divers like Gerrard and Drogba are still diving now.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Please UKNB i like your posts normaly, but dont start with that crap......

I could imagin are full backs would love crouch here. Wouldn't have to pass the ball out of defence any more. Hooooof.......It would be a step back in my mind

He's rated because of his goalscoring record. 22 goals in his first season, 15 goals in his second and 8 goals in 16 starts in his third. His goals to game ratio is excellent despite playing for an average team.

To be honest Keane and Berbatov are the best strike partnership in the League. They play to each others strengths and between them score alot of goals. Even quality players like Yakubu would have a battle on there hands going there.

I'd like to see Drogba and Ronaldo be levelled with diving cheat comments by every top manager and see how they cope. Let's be honest they were systematically trying to persuade referees not to give him anything. When the real divers like Gerrard and Drogba are still diving now.

What you on about!!! every boady in the league has labled them as cheats.......water off a duck back mate, they still bang them in week in week out!! They just brush it off an get on with it.

Now golden boy gerrard is another story!!

Ronaldo gets called a cheat by everyone as does Drogba. Benitez called Drogba a diver before the semi final at the stamford bridge and he took it o the chin and dominated them in the game. Thats what I'd like to see from AJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.