Darren Bent to replace AJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd swap them all day, Bent if a far moe acomplished forward than johnston. He's an alround striker in my view.

Sure i started a thread about Bent a few weeks back............STL on the money again ;)

Everton manager David Moyes is today being linked with a 'shock' move for Tottenham striker Darren Bent – as Andy Johnson nears the exit door.

Moyes is planning to rebuild in the summer and as well as strengthening the midfield, he is also on the lookout for a new partner for Yakubu. With the sale of Andy Johnson (necessary to raise funds) likely to bring in around £7m, Moyes is hopeful he can land bent for around half of the £16m Spurs paid for him last summer.

Bent has not had the best time at White Hart Lane and does not appear to be part of Juande Ramos’ plans. He made only 11 starts last season but still managed 6 goals.

Last edited:

1. in the air

2. Finishing

3. On the ball

Shall i continue?

4. Awerness

5. Passing

Please i think aj is ok but bent is a better forward.

Id say AJ is proven and the only thing better on him (Bent)is a harder shot.

Bents the poor mans (hahaha) Yakubu, and weve already got a Yakubu. You didnt say pace, and thats exactly what we need to compliment the Yak.

Id say AJ is proven and the only thing better on him (Bent)is a harder shot.

Bents the poor mans (hahaha) Yakubu, and weve already got a Yakubu. You didnt say pace, and thats exactly what we need to compliment the Yak.

He's not exactly a slow thou is he. If AJ stayed id be fine with that, but if replaced thats ok to.

He's not exactly a slow thou is he. If AJ stayed id be fine with that, but if replaced thats ok to.
Understatement of the day lol

I totally agree with you Sharpy - Bent has the killer instinct that Yakubu, Cahill and Vaughan has, but AJ and Vic lacks.

Last edited:

yes hes a bit quick.
yes hes got a 'hard shot'.. mmm ok
yes he'll put in a shift
yes.. well maybe.. he's a better all round forward than aj

no he's not what we need.

can do better.

Understatement of the day lol

I totally agree with you Sharpy - Bent has the killer instinct that Yakubu, Cahill and Vaughan has, but AJ and Vic lacks.

Why would Spurs want rid then? He's only 24 and wasnt he a Damien Comoli Buy?

12 months on and half price?

I can see Spurs wanting to getting rid of him. However I read an interview that Bent has said he likes fighting for his place on spurs. Plus he makes 95K/week. He'd have to drop his wage demands by almost in 1/2 to come here. This article is crap.

I'd love him here and 8 million would be an excellent price. I'm surpried people are questioning his pace, he's a pretty damn quick player and has the strength to use his pace effectvively. Lets just say he doesn't get bullied off the ball when he's running at full speed.

His goals to game ratio over the past three seasons has been excellent. Obviously we know about banging them in for Charlton for two years but he also suprisingly got 8 goals in 16 starts last season which is very good. He's definatly a good finisher and his pace, decent aerial ability and work rate would compliment the Yak.

Status
Not open for further replies.