2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been spoiled by having Seamus for however long. Was an ok debut, first competitive start for us so I'm hopeful he'll improve

Well last night was definitely productive wasn't it. Looks like you've all found your scapegoat for the coming season and decided that the lad is crap based on one single game when we were all in pre-season mode. GOT bedwetting logic at its finest, well in lads.

The fact he couldn't get a game ahead of kids at Southampton last season might also be a clue as to his ability mate.

The fact he couldn't get a game ahead of kids at Southampton last season might also be a clue as to his ability mate.
What's the point in being negative about him though mate? Despite the ludicrous overreaction to last night he wasn't that bad, he really wasnt. I'm not interested in how he played for Southampton, only how he does here and he's done absolutely nothing so far to justify some if the things said about him. If he proves to be garbage like a lot of people think he will then fair enough but I think It would be better to at least let him settle in a play a few more games before we have even an idea of how good or bad he's gonna be for us. I just don't see the point in knee-jurking really.

Kind of like Hibbert in an attacking capacity, but nowhere near as good defensively... a little concerned by this one, even more so if he's going to be getting game time ahead of Kenny or Holgate.

Every manager has his blind-spot player, DCL is the lesser of the two evils, please don't let there be 2.

What's the point in being negative about him though mate? Despite the ludicrous overreaction to last night he wasn't that bad, he really wasnt. I'm not interested in how he played for Southampton, only how he does here and he's done absolutely nothing so far to justify some if the things said about him. If he proves to be garbage like a lot of people think he will then fair enough but I think It would be better to at least let him settle in a play a few more games before we have even an idea of how good or bad he's gonna be for us. I just don't see the point in knee-jurking really.

He got spun and left for dead about 5 times down that right hand side by a Slovakian PE teacher. He absolutely was as terrible as everyone's saying and I'm frankly gobsmacked that there are people coming on here claiming he "wasn't that bad". I could hardly sleep last night thinking about him turning out against City and Chelsea away from home and facing up to Hazard and Sane.

What he did at Southampton does not matter a jot now...he's an Everton player. He supplied our best crosses last night, and linked positively with DCL, who also had a good game, despite being up against a no holds barred full back who should have had a second yellow. Cuco will be a sound squad member as long as he doesn't get effected by some clever arses taking the Pistone out of him....

What he did at Southampton does not matter a jot now...he's an Everton player. He supplied our best crosses last night, and linked positively with DCL, who also had a good game, despite being up against a no holds barred full back who should have had a second yellow. Cuco will be a sound squad member as long as he doesn't get effected by some clever arses taking the Pistone out of him....

Bed right now

Like some of you, I feel harsh passing judgment on the fella after one early stage Europa league game, but he didn't exactly fill me with confidence. Of course, I trust big Ronnie more than I trust myself on these things, but he just looked shaky.

I said to @Groucho it was like he needed two or three more touches than everyone else to get the ball under control and it slowed things down. Plus, at times, he gave his team mates far too much work to do with his passing and he got caught out. There was one occasion when Klassen had to have a word with him about it.

There's no agenda from me, if he'd have been really decent I would be on here saying maybe Southampton fans are wrong or maybe like Valencia at West Ham, it just didn't work for him down south. Idk. But there was little I personally saw that made me want him to start moving forward.

With that said, he does deserve more chances to show us what he's about.

Btw, if you haven't listened to it yet my chat with Aid the Saints fan for the @GrandOldTeam podcast about Martina is here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2017/07/18/9943/

Didn't get close enough to their left sided player who was able to get crosses in with ease. Falls at the first fence of defending for me...then again, we already have two established FBs who dont do that either so maybe a bit harsh.

He's bog standard at best though. WTF Kenny is sitting games out for I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.