2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, my point exactly he was absolutely woeful against a team who probably would struggle in league one/two

couldn't get anywhere near the team who finished mid table, he's just not good enough to play for everton.

I get what your saying, you're one of them super fans who backs every single player till the end even when they are absolute garbage and fair do's feller got more patience than I have

Its why he played, because it was a low key game.

You see, this is what some just dont get. If I dont rate a player, or think he is not good enough, I wont boo him or hound him out.

Also, NO players that a professionsl, are poor. NOT 1 PLAYER.

Its why he played, because it was a low key game.

You see, this is what some just dont get. If I dont rate a player, or think he is not good enough, I wont boo him or hound him out.

Also, NO players that a professionsl, are poor. NOT 1 PLAYER.

wouldn't boo him myself, it's cringy... but I'd say he's not good enough

but my point is why is he playing? surely being a low key game ( which your correct it is ) why not play Kenny? what's he going to get out of sitting there watching cuco play?

wouldn't boo him myself, it's cringy... but I'd say he's not good enough

but my point is why is he playing? surely being a low key game ( which your correct it is ) why not play Kenny? what's he going to get out of sitting there watching cuco play?

Maybe he has bigger plans for Kenny ?? Maybe he was not fit ?? Maybe he has not linked well in training with the new lads ??

The fact that kenny is in the squad, says he will be used.

He was below par, I think we could all see that. Odd thing for me was that he didn't play Pickford or Sandro as they were late joining the group, but he played this guy who joined the group at a later stage, yet he had had Holgate on the bench and assumingly Kenny available as DCL and Lookman played.

This is what's scrambling my brain too. He's been with the squad about 10 days, less than Pickford and Sandro, yet the were deemed not ready and he started. SOMEONE HELP ME OUT

I don't think this was a low key game. We needed to win it well to further our chances of progressing through an important European tournament. Koeman obviously felt Martina was the better more experienced option for what is an important tie for us. I would have liked to have seen Kenny personally. But since Martina played competently and did what was asked from him in that position I have no qualms about the managers decision.

propa princess you lad, your the feller who blames the fans for barkley going init.

imagine you if you was a player you'd asked to be subbed every game and go and have a cry in the lockers, they're grown men on millions a year mate im sure they cant handle a bit of stick now and then ( not that they read this forum )

Would you be happy if the next player to break down goes ahead & jumps off a bridge?

How did you feel about Aaron Lennon?

I would happily stand in the middle of Goodison for £100k & let mouth breathers shout abuse. That's not the same as taking abuse for trying to do your job.
Players are human beings. Some of them suffer nerves & anxiety just like anyone else.

And does anyone think so called fans abusing their own players makes them play better?

Maybe he has bigger plans for Kenny ?? Maybe he was not fit ?? Maybe he has not linked well in training with the new lads ??

The fact that kenny is in the squad, says he will be used.

bigger plans? if he has ( ie starting in the league ) would it not be beneficial to get him game time against a poorer opposition?

not fit? he would have said this in his presser surely?

id say Kenny would link more with a whole uk back 5 ( pickford in that ) than cuco martina would ( bear in mind keane and pickford are not much older )

Would you be happy if the next player to break down goes ahead & jumps off a bridge?

I would happily stand in the middle of Goodison for £100k & let mouth breathers shout abuse. That's not the same as taking abuse for trying to do your job.
Players are human beings. Some of them suffer nerves & anxiety just like anyone else.

And does anyone think so called fans abusing their own players makes them play better?

why are you bringing aaron lennon into this? are you trying to conclude lennon was in a bad place like he was because of fans getting on his back? if so you need to wash you're mouth out

who's abusing cuco? you're making out he was receiving boo's everytime he got the ball ( he wasn't ) me stating on a forum which he doesn't read he's not good enough to start is perfectly acceptable,

pipe down pal

You should change your name to Joel10
Sadly joel is going to the goalkeeping club in the sun -wish he had gone to Huddersfield to keep them up!
He a good keeper with potential would have pushed Pickford for a place, saying that I think Pickford hopefully should fulfill his potential , but we need better back up than Stek as he always starts well then fades away with groin strains!

Jesus Christ

bigger plans? if he has ( ie starting in the league ) would it not be beneficial to get him game time against a poorer opposition?

not fit? he would have said this in his presser surely?

id say Kenny would link more with a whole uk back 5 ( pickford in that ) than cuco martina would ( bear in mind keane and pickford are not much older )

All guesswork lad, thats my point. We dont know.

I want Kenny to play too, but he has plenty of time.

Never took the fullback on once, slowed our forward moves down by stopping the ball and then laying it off inside. Got done in the air as he didn't even move, that lead to their best chance. All in all, he looked bobbins to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.