2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't great but he did alright considering it was his first competitive match for us.

And from what I've heard he's a really popular figure in the dressing room.

Big athletic sex beast. He will become ok after little settling period. For many he's our new Niasse (bash bash bash). Clearly he isnt all comfy just yet but he'll work it out.

Kinhell, give him a break. He didn't fill me with confidence but his first match?

Let's crucify him after 10 games at least, nails ready.

He did ok first game. Physically strong but he was rolled by their left side two or three times last night. That's just concentration more than anything. Good backup right full imo.

Thought his crosses into the box were a class better than Holgate's, but oh dear, his positional play needs a bit more work.
Would be useful against weaker teams, but I'd have Holgate (or Kenny) against the rest.

Disappointed he started, seems he's first choice as it was a very important competitive game. I haven't seen too much of Kenny but I thought perhaps Holgate would of been a more secure choice.
Their left winger gained confidence against him.
Not convinced he's the answer.

The strange thing is he got the ball. when an opponent came near he stopped, took a look if he can cross instead of trying to took on the opponent. I think it does not help when you had DCL in front of you as well. He can put in some good crosses no doubt but his positioning sense is a bit meh. Hope Koeman will review his preformance and he has to improve.

Did okay in the first half but basically stopped as soon as he tired.

For what he is - cover in these games - he's ok, but it's a shame Kenny wasn't given a go.

We desperately lacked somebody getting in behind in the first half yesterday, and Kenny does make those runs.

i get why Sandro and Pickford didn't start. They've not been with the squad long and you don't need to take risks with players this early but Martina has only been with the squad 10 days? surely he wasn't as fit as the likes of Holgate or Kenny? Odd choice by Koeman.

Feels wrong to be critical after just one game, but as first impressions go, it wasn't a good one.

Looked worryingly poor defensively and wasn't until the last 25 mins or so that he contributed much going forward either, although he probably wasn't helped before that by Calvert-Lewin being the player in front of him (who had one of his better games out wide, but is never a wide player in a million years)

Think his presence will annoy people even more if that standard is maintained as so many of us want to see Kenny given a chance

Well last night was definitely productive wasn't it. Looks like you've all found your scapegoat for the coming season and decided that the lad is crap based on one single game when we were all in pre-season mode. GOT bedwetting logic at its finest, well in lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.