Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we keep winning? I believe we can. 2-1 and back on top of the league. Still cautiously optimistic after last season, but it’s great to have belief we can achieve something this season. When’s the bubble going to burst? Hopefully never!

Can we keep winning? I believe we can. 2-1 and back on top of the league. Still cautiously optimistic after last season, but it’s great to have belief we can achieve something this season. When’s the bubble going to burst? Hopefully never!

I still remember the joy of that 22 game unbeaten league run in 77/78 until the blinking Mancs stuffed us 6-2 on St Stephen's Day (Boxing Day).

We ended up 3rd, 9 points behind Clough's Forest team and 2 points behind the RS.

Sod caution.

I haven't felt this positive about Everton since we won 7 matches in a row under Martinez.

2-0 win for Carlo's Toffees and Saturday night like this.

southampton-v-everton-premier-league-football-st-marys-stadium-southampton-uk-shutterstock-edi...jpg

This will be a tough game.

Despite being at home Palace will conceed possession and try to hit us on the break.

I think that we are a better team than them but their pace will frighten our central defence.

We should win but who knows

I hope we sit 10 yards deeper as a unit than the West Brom game. If we can draw the Palace defence forward then DCL & Richy can run in behind them from balls through & over the top from James. This tactic also nullifies thier counter attack a little & protects Seamus more from Zaha. We almost need Palace to have some possession for us to capitalise when thier defending has been compromised by thier own endeavours but not play lackluster like we did in the first 20 mins against West Brom.
Side note. A third of James goals have been scored from outside the box so if Palace do sit deep for spells then it might be a good bet to back. I'm thinking 1-3 to us as our extra quality will hopefully show through.

Weve got to sit back 10 yards deeper than against WBA.

Then we simply have to take our chances that were guaranteed to have.

No chance Palace win 3 on the spin...

I genuinely think the no fans thing is a huge advantage for us, seeing as we still have quite a few of the bottlers in and amongst the first team squad.

Also, I am very, very interested in seeing how far we've come when we play Liverpool... will be absolutely gutted if it's same old same old. Think we can bum them though.

If we win the nexf 3 vs Palace, West Ham and Brighton then they'll be looking up at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.