Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced Ancelotti already knows we are going to piss the league, like some managerial jedi ####er! thats why he making jokes about DCL scoring 59 goals.

I'm all in!! lets go blues.

Gomes is the worry for me in the middle with that lack of pace - I just hope Doucoure and Allan sit deeper to ensure we dont get done on the counter.

Palace have won both their opening games with possession of less than 30% in both games.

Have to keep it tight at the back as without pace in the defence with Coleman/Keane/Mina we need atleast 2 midfielders covering imo.

Gonna be an interesting tactical battle tomorrow.

I hope we sit 10 yards deeper as a unit than the West Brom game. If we can draw the Palace defence forward then DCL & Richy can run in behind them from balls through & over the top from James. This tactic also nullifies thier counter attack a little & protects Seamus more from Zaha. We almost need Palace to have some possession for us to capitalise when thier defending has been compromised by thier own endeavours but not play lackluster like we did in the first 20 mins against West Brom.
Side note. A third of James goals have been scored from outside the box so if Palace do sit deep for spells then it might be a good bet to back. I'm thinking 1-3 to us as our extra quality will hopefully show through.

When you’re the “home” team you’re expected to go after teams which would leave them vulnerable but on the other hand we’ve started great so expectation on us to go for it too.

Could be a few goals in this.

I genuinely think the no fans thing is a huge advantage for us, seeing as we still have quite a few of the bottlers in and amongst the first team squad.

Also, I am very, very interested in seeing how far we've come when we play Liverpool... will be absolutely gutted if it's same old same old. Think we can bum them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.