Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are a few people in this thread who think that the wheels have got to come off at some point and that this is a tricky fixture. But I’d rather us (players and fans) just stay on cloud 9 for now and keep believing that we can keep winning. That’s how a good team turns into a winning team. In truth I think us Evetonians are more scared of ourselves than of our opposition.

On paper, we should be beating these. As long as we handle their pace on the counterattack, then we will have plenty of chances to score. There is confidence all over the pitch at the moment.

I’m gonna go for a 2-4 win for the blues, Richarlison and James with a brace each, and Zaha to be on the scoresheet too.

Dangerous to disagree with Joey but I prefer Mina and Keane.

Holgate is quicker but weak in the air and physically weak The two big fellas did very well at Spurs and as long as
the team plays a low-lying defense then it will be fine.

why's everyone trying to move him into a different position ffs, he's done well at left back, let him keep progressing there
Digne's got LB sewn up, and for a long time, probably. We can't keep this kid out for that long and maybe he could play in another position.

How Tall is he? Maybe he could play CB, and we do need one.

These are the games we should be winning but a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world as long as we follow it up with a win against Brighton.

10 points from a possible 12 is top 4 form.
I'd be happier playing United or Chelsea away tbh. I worry about these types of games when we're without Masons pace at the back.

Palace will defend deep and try and play on the counter. We mustn't fall into their trap, make sure we keep a relatively deep back line and double up on Zaha.

That should create more room in midfield and hopefully James can exploit that

Not one bit nervous. If we don't beat these then what the hell is the hype about!?! Of course we treat them with respect but we know we have one of the greatest managers and a number of first rate players.

I choose to have faith in Don Carlo & will sleep easy.
Complacency could see us lose this game. Gung ho approach is what Palace want. Bit more caution is called for

If we play like we did first half hour against WBA we could put ourselves in serious trouble. Need a good strong start and hopefully a couple of early goals so we can pass them off the park for the rest of the game. They are a very dangerous team on the break and tough to break down but we are the better side with the better manager so on paper we have to be winning this.

Status
Not open for further replies.