Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we won 5 in a row was Aug/sep 2016 - 4 games via league & 1 cup with Koeman also did 2009 [2 league/3 cup] and in 2008 we did it & 3 times same season in 2007

Last time 6 games [all league] was as above march/april 2014 before the palace defeat
Last time 7 games won was oct/nov 2002 if you were to include a pen shoot out win at newcastle, that run was stoped by you all remember it that volley from shearer and the og minute later in final few mins when we had 10 men from around the 15th minute after Yobo was sent off

Bellamy scored the winner, not an og.
We'd won 6 games 1-0 in a row.

Anyway, just take it 1 game at a time atm.

I'd be happier playing United or Chelsea away tbh. I worry about these types of games when we're without Masons pace at the back.

Palace will defend deep and try and play on the counter. We mustn't fall into their trap, make sure we keep a relatively deep back line and double up on Zaha.

That should create more room in midfield and hopefully James can exploit that

this is a teal test...if we can come out of this with 3 points will deffo have the hype notch up a little more...whatever happens we are a different team and shouldn’t let any individual game ruin our positive vibes. totally agree with the approach... but maybe our team has the belief in our quality to take control and dictate proceedings.. if we give them a real go will show how much we have shifted mentally

If we play like we did first half hour against WBA we could put ourselves in serious trouble. Need a good strong start and hopefully a couple of early goals so we can pass them off the park for the rest of the game. They are a very dangerous team on the break and tough to break down but we are the better side with the better manager so on paper we have to be winning this.

I don't think we were bad at all v wba tbh, they were just playing great and we weren't taking our chances.

Took deflection of Li Tie and wrong footed the keeper-probably did go down as Bellamy but would have not gone in without the deflection

The shearer volley was when bellamy rounded the keeper to win it. The og was a different game. I don't know which one ended the streak though.

The shearer volley was when bellamy rounded the keeper to win it. The og was a different game. I don't know which one ended the streak though.

Shearer volley and og game is same game

and here

this is a teal test...if we can come out of this with 3 points will deffo have the hype notch up a little more...whatever happens we are a different team and shouldn’t let any individual game ruin our positive vibes. totally agree with the approach... but maybe our team has the belief in our quality to take control and dictate proceedings.. if we give them a real go will show how much we have shifted mentally
If both teams sit quite deep I believe in our quality to come out on top.

With Zaha they are the masters of the counter. I just don't think we should play into their hands without Mason in the team. And Seamus needs to be selective in his attacking

Anyone know if you can replay the full games on amazon prime? I’m going to miss most of the game so was wondering If you can avoid the score and then watch the full match a couple of hours later.

Hmm, why do i remember it totally differently, still have nightmares over it. Incorrect nightmares ha
I just remember thinking we would be on a certain amount of points at that point [thinking we would hang on to win], and thinking i bet it takes us weeks to reach it - only took a few more weeks. but we won only 1 in 9 all comps following that game

They will be desperate to test pickford from distance early on to test his nerves. Long shots with Benteke following in for any mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.