Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goat

Player Valuation: £150m
jack-harrison-everton-celebrates-scoring-868530150.jpg

Monday night, under the lights, surely?

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Coleman - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko
Onana - Garner
Doucoure
Harrison - Calvert-Lewin - Danjuma
COYB

Calvert-Lewin??? How long are we going to keep starting him. All round game abysmal again against City. Keep hearing excuses but reality is that he's finished.
He’d be a different player in a different system. He’s feeding off scraps and his confidence is dying. He was good under Ancelotti. Ok he’s fit now but Dycheball is killing him and all our forward players really.

He’d be a different player in a different system. He’s feeding off scraps and his confidence is dying. He was good under Ancelotti. Ok he’s fit now but Dycheball is killing him and all our forward players really.

We need to be hitting the byline more often and getting the ball across to Calvert-Lewin. Dyche expects him to do the holding up, the flicking on and the collection of loose balls.
We have Calvert-Lewin who's best spell was as a predatory striker, Beto who's main asset seems to be running in behind and Chermitti, who I havent seen enough of to judge. Trouble is for me that the only one suited to the style we are playing is Beto, but I'm not convinced he's good enough.....yet.

So the question is, do we change our style, or our striker? I'm sure the only option open for us currently is to persevere and hope for the best. If Calvert-Lewin only scores 2-3 more this season, let's hope they're important ones.

Big game this. We've tended to go in clusters of results for a while now so a win could set us off on a run given our upcoming fixtures. I'm hopeful rather than expectant given our poor home form.