Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I've done a match up, man for man. Turns out we're better than them in 87.3% of the pitch, considerably better in 42.15%.
They are going to take an almighty beating. My formula suggests an Everton win by a margin of between 2 and 4 goals.

Reactions: Ian
Was reading there is a lot of good odds on a high scoring match here. 3.5 goals in the game at least..... I cannot see it myself. I'd gladly take a point here just as I felt about spurs who were surely a bigger test than these. 0-0 would even be ok presuming Pickford needs to push back on his critics and push down on his demons. At some point in the next few months our 'stars' are going to have off days......

It'll be interesting to see if he moves James inside and plays Iwobi or Walcott on the right to stop Zaha exploiting the space. Ayew is tricky too. Not too confident we'll get a win here.
When has Walcott or Wobi ever stopped someone like Zaha, anyone for that matter, exploiting the space...despite their intentions.
Would have Allan hounding Zaha and Doucoure central, with late runs into the box for the big fella. Might have a fiver on him come to think of it.

Tough game against an in form Palace. We looked iffy defending against pace against West Brom and I expect Palace (Zaha!) Will look to exploit that.

Still backing Everton but think there might well be a few goals!

Palace 2 - 3 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.