Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'd like us to drop Pickford, I just can't see it happening with the reserves basically being nobodies. We need a better goalkeeper badly.

Same team as the last two league games, of course.

Bench:
Lössl, Delph, Kean, Bernard, Nkounkou, Iwobi, Kenny.

Prediction 2-2 or 2-1 for us.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Doucoure Allan Gomes
James DCL Richarlison

Virginia, Kenny, Delph, Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Gordon, Kean

Nullify Zaha and we should be ok. Two of our new midfield trio should be up to stopping Palace playing. We then open them up. And march on. I'm backing an Everton win. No mistakes from Pickford and we win 2-0 or 3-0.. If Pickford delights us all with his usual balderdash nonsense. Then we win 2-1. Or 3-1.
Anyhow enough of all that nonsense. We can't fear Crystal Bloody Palace.
On paper we have them beat. Just hope that we turn up. If we do then we should win. No mistakes though. No slow start. No sloppy passing. No nonsense. Just do a professional job on them. Win the match.
Man Mark Zaha out of the game. He'll get wound up. Maybe booked.
Get an early goal or two. Then coast home.
Well that's the theory. Now watch us do the opposite. Or.........maybe just for once we stick to the plan and thump Palace for 6.
Ps........Palace aren't that good a team. They will come unstuck soon.
Our midfield and attack will be too classy for them.
Rant over folks..........Up The Toffees....

If he wouldn’t play Virginia in a last nights cup game, he’s got zero chance of getting a PL until Pickford is injured.
I dont see how he’s gonna get experience if he doesn’t get the cup games.

From what I had read he was quite poor when he went on loan, I’d like to see him on loan again and bring in an older number 2 for now.

What is your son's Prediction on the Game AL, Does he try and wind you up if Everton beat palace and you do vice/versa lol
I will have to ask him. We haven’t discussed it yet. We don’t normally wind each other up. His first Everton game was at Selhurst in 1994, a 1-0 win for Palace but as he was not quite seven, a wind up would have been very cruel. We have only had serious words once. In April 2014 Everton needed (and we all expected) a win to maintain their push for the Champions League. An unlikely 3-2 Palace win led to words about time wasting / game management from Palace, a silent 3 hour drive home and not speaking to each other for 3 days. Thankfully now we are far more grown uplol.
Next battle will be who his 4 year old son is going to support. (The other grandad is Spurs so that is obviously ruled out).

I will have to ask him. We haven’t discussed it yet. We don’t normally wind each other up. His first Everton game was at Selhurst in 1994, a 1-0 win for Palace but as he was not quite seven, a wind up would have been very cruel. We have only had serious words once. In April 2014 Everton needed (and we all expected) a win to maintain their push for the Champions League. An unlikely 3-2 Palace win led to words about time wasting / game management from Palace, a silent 3 hour drive home and not speaking to each other for 3 days. Thankfully now we are far more grown uplol.
Next battle will be who his 4 year old son is going to support. (The other grandad is Spurs so that is obviously ruled out).
lol Think that 94 game was the last time Palace beat Everton at home, and yes that 3-2 game you won at us i expected to win,as well as the 3-2 game defeat for us a few months later lol

Status
Not open for further replies.