2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as Keane stopped playing we started picking up points and got ourselves safe. I think that’s enough evidence to leave a LOT of people on here with a lot of egg running down their faces.

It’s also cemented most people’s opinion of him.

I worry that Dyche will give him a look in next season - won’t go down well IMO

Seen a few comments from folks about not understanding why some aren't keen on Coady - as one of those people I do genuinely just think we can be a bit more ambitious and bring in a better quality CB with resale value/potential from the EFL/abroad, especially given I don't think Coady can play in a back 4 and we're far worse in a back 3 as a team.

Having said that - I do understand why the club would opt for it given his character in the dressing room, a known quantity to the coaching staff, and you can fulfil part of the squad rebuild very quickly for pretty cheap (depth CB, presuming we're left with Tarkowski, Branthwaite and Keane next year).

It's just a little too risk-averse for my liking - it's been a successful loan deal but I'd like to us be a little braver in trying to improve the squad. Hopefully we'll see a bit more bravery in recruiting for other positions up front and out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.