2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was very good today, as we're all of the back 5.

I'd be interested if 3-5-2 becomes more regular next season.

Perhaps today was just a one off and needs must of keeping a clean sheet but Dyche also switched to it second half v Man. City and straight away team looked solid even if Man. City eased off.

Coady also looked very good in that system for years at Wolves so it's a no brainer if 3 at the back is regular next year.

For the reported £4m, I’d buy him and launch Holgate to Mars in a rocket. Surely Tesla will give us some money for him as a Guinea pig.

And that's what I don't understand some thought process of some people.

We need a 1st choice CB. Getting someone in of his qualities at a younger age you're talking £10+mill.

Taking into account we need a LB, RB, CM, Winger, and a striker.

But I don't think Dyche wants him so we'll see.

I don't know whether we should sign him or not to be honest. I think it comes down to the manager's opinion on 3 at the back and whether he plans to use it on occassion.

I think Coady is pretty decent in that system and reads the game well. But in a back 4 I thought he was really poor and has too much of a tendency to back off and defend on the back foot. It means we can't get up the pitch and invite too much pressure.

He has a good temperament though and proved that yesterday with a good performance under pressure. I don't think Keane, Holgate or Godfrey would have been able to play as well in that type of high pressure, high stakes game.

I think it really comes down to whether we will ever use that system. Keeping him certainly gives us the flexibility to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.