2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy pass on his signing. He is not good enough for a starter and we already have enough depth. Tarkowski, Keane, Branthwaite, Holgate, Godfrey and even Reece Welch should probably get a chance. If we buy a new centre half, we need some better quality than him. Signing players like Coady actually got us where we are. Just too many not good enough or average players on huge wages.

I don't love a long-term wage commitment here, but CBs do age in dog years when compared to a lot of positions on the pitch. You could talk me into it.

No other PL club will pay us anything for these. And they are not moving to Championship. What's the point of adding another 'back up'?
Some clubs somewhere will take them, thats over to our dof to do his job for a change.

My suggestion is get rid of 3 back ups and replace with 1 back up. That would help us in so many ways. Pay a minimal fee for 1 back up player while shipping out 3 players for alot more and saving on wages.

It would be a savy move while we are cash strapped and potentially give us room to focus any funds (If there are any) in other priority areas.

If he's available for ~£4.5m then it's a no brainer deal for me: great pro, reliable, one of few leaders we have, seems to actually want to be here and is a far better option at the back than Keane, Holgate and Godfrey.

That said, I just don't think Dyche fancies him so it wont happen. Don't think there will be any clubs lining up to buy Keane, Holgate and Godfrey so we'll be stuck with them, and numbers-wise yet another CB in the squad is going to be the last thing Dyche will want our limited budget being used on.

I was thrilled when we got him & he seemed genuinely enthusiastic to come. I thought he was really solid & was surprised when he was left out of the team. From what I can gather his form dropped after the world cup?

What I found bemusing is the Evertonians slagging him off as a Kopite. I hate the RS as much as anyone, but this mentality is ridiculous. What about the other "kopites" that have been good players at our club. From what I've seen he's a good player, not the best defender we've had, but good.

For 4 - 5 mil we would be mad not to sign him permanently. And I get the feeling he wants to play for Everton. We've got far worse, & have had far worse than Coady. A decent acquisition IMO.

You don’t get premier league standard players for under £5m these days.

It’s a no brainer for me. I get it, people saying why add further bodies… well Holgate isn’t very good, Godfrey is running down a very similar path and then thag leaves Keane who’s just a disaster.

Personally think we’ll be seeing the pound signs with Branthwaite and cashing in, unfortunately.

SD talks about mentality, he’d be stupid not to push for the signing of Conor.

Not only is he better than Keane & Holgate, he brings leadership and personality to a very dull and mundane bunch.

With Yerry going, it’s an absolute no brainer. He should never have been dropped from tugboat Keane but here we are.

You need as many leaders on and off the pitch as possible.

He is everything a coach should desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.